Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fors Options/passport

beef

Hey, just recently bought a fiesta so waiting for that till in Sept :)

I went for the ford options/passport (fianance) instead of the normal finance as i thought monthly payments were less, but after the 3 years i would owe them money if i opted to keep the car. Has anyone else gone for this finance? i feel that ive made a wrong choice because i owe them money or i get a new car in 2014 on fianance again, so you are stuck with them.

Please reply, hopefully one of you guys thought its a good thing!

Thanks

Beth

I dont think you made the wrong decision. If you were paying the full loan over the same period, your monthly payments would be a whole lot more. This way you pay less and still have the option of giving the car back without paying the final amount, or moving onto another new car under similar terms.

This way is far more flexible and the APR is competitive. It also helps people to own new cars who would not normally be able to afford it. I certainly would not have been able to afford a new car any other way without having a loan over 6 or 7 years, which would have resulted in me paying far more in interest charges.

As with any car purchase, if you have the cash, you wont want finance as you wouldnt want the interest charges, but if your like me, and need to limit the monthly payments, yet do not want to be paying over too many years, this way is ideal.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club