Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Im Gonna Scream

artscot79

well guys today i had a leak from the spoiler into the car removed the spoiler to find the plastic at the edges of the meatl bolt fixings was split on all but the centre fixing allowing water in. called ford to get a spoiler £158.76 this is the standard zetec spoiler sod that ordered one from ford allen parts £65 including delivery.in the mean time ive had to fill the gaps with silicone as snow is due in the hope it holds out for just a few days.... spoiler wasnt over tightened so i can only assume the balm y weather where its been 2 degrees then 4 hours later 15 degrees has caused the plastic to expand and contract god only knows, so in 2 days i should get the new parts and ill have to change over the brake light splitting the seal on that so tiger seal will be used this time to rebond it by the time im finished it will go to the bottom of the sea and never leak.

could scream......................................

Shame it couldn't have happened next week, i'm getting a 2.5 spoiler through about then so my 2.0 one would have been going begging.

You would have been welcome to it.

thanks mate yeah sods law so it is its been fine and all of a sudden the plastic splits just the very day im due rain and snow for the next 2 days. ide advise you tiger seal everything on the new spoiler including the brake light as they perish and leak as well

Have a good scream anyway. Its supposed to be good for you.

Hope its a straight foward job fitting the new one.

its a straight forward job really the only time consuming parts are giving the mounting points a good clean and ensuring the 3rd brake light gasket is well sealed other than that its an easy job.

lets hope the sealant does its job temporarily

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club