Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2.5 Focus Mpg Help

liam-20

hey guys hows it going? just wondering if anyone can help i have 1.6 petrol focus 2009 titanium 100bhp version i can only get 25 maybe 26 mpg avarage at a push on the speedo display thats driving round town like a little granny just seems really low just wondering if anyone can have quick look at theres and tell me what they are getting cheers. liam

pointless exercise since were not driving the same roads at the same time as you are not meaning to sound rude but its pointless me saying my ti vct gets 35-36mpg around town as its different to youre town bear in mind sitting in traffic steep inclines etc all decrease mpg first do you have an induction kit fitted this will lower mpg also how are you basing the mpg is it from the trip computer if so you need to do a brim test as the trip computers are optimistic at best generally without knowing where you drive and the conditions ide say its a bit low and it may be worth having the car checked out

hey bud it was just genral question i know everyones driving is different, i have a k&n replacement filter which is suppose to improve mpg but not seen any difference really, ill do a brim to brim test see how that comes back, car only had service last month 3rd year one at ford, maybe ill just ignore the onboard computer cheers for the reply. liam

hey bud it was just genral question i know everyones driving is different, i have a k&n replacement filter which is suppose to improve mpg but not seen any difference really, ill do a brim to brim test see how that comes back, car only had service last month 3rd year one at ford, maybe ill just ignore the onboard computer cheers for the reply. liam

keep your tyres pumped to the correct level mate,

and take out the K&N filter and fit a genuine ford one for 30days i gurantee you will see some improvment regardlees of what road your on. and the st/Zetec s rear spoiler takes away 3-5 mpg due to the fins in it.

my 1.6TDCi dropped 3-5mpg since ive fitted it not joking.

ignore me ive been up 36 hours i dont think it came out the way it was meant to

I get about 32mpg , my trips are small and mostly town

Don't worry bud I know what ya trying to say so don't worry I'll pull k&n out tomoz it's just weird if I reset the avarage mpg it goes to 29- 30mpg but then plummets to 24-25 what's best pressure for 18" st wheels?

ignore me ive been up 36 hours i dont think it came out the way it was meant to

ah its ok Oscar oscar_grouch.gif

Don't worry bud I know what ya trying to say so don't worry I'll pull k&n out tomoz it's just weird if I reset the avarage mpg it goes to 29- 30mpg but then plummets to 24-25 what's best pressure for 18" st wheels?

im being lazy now mate as i could get off my !Removed! and check my manual for you,

but it should be in the owners manual for the car in the middle of the book i checked mine earleir but mine are R16's

the manual covers all wheels and focus models.

Hey Liam, ive got the 1.6 petrol aswell and do a mix of town and country driving and my computer reads on average 34-36mpg. just might give you some idea

John

I'm changing from universal chav air filter back to a brand new standard ford...hoping that helps my MPG!

hey guys hows it going? just wondering if anyone can help i have 1.6 petrol focus 2009 titanium 100bhp version i can only get 25 maybe 26 mpg avarage at a push on the speedo display thats driving round town like a little granny just seems really low just wondering if anyone can have quick look at theres and tell me what they are getting cheers. liam

Funny you should ask, I just checked the car after brimming it yesterday and on getting home I reset the trip. So this is two x 1.75 mile trips undertaken by the wife to work and back to day nine hours apart. We live in the centre of town her place of work is just outside the town................result 21.4 mpg ....same engine as yours.

So that is literally a town driving result you asked for.

But that said, if you really mean an overall average, well over the last 2,635 miles I'm averaging 34.39 mpg. Of that total mileage 1,071 miles of it was three trips involving touring on A roads and motorways, they returned collectively 39.65 mpg.

The other 1,564 miles was what I class as urban driving including trips to neighbouring towns and villages, and obviously in town driving. That returns 31.52 mpg. All data recorded using the brim testing method.

Last years average ending October was 32.52 mpg

Year before that the average was 32.84 mpg.

With the increased cost of petrol over the last 32 months having increased by on average 24.3%

[source: my petrol receipts]

Though I have always considered myself to be an economical driver. I've taken to being even lighter on the throttle and even lighter on the brake pedal, hence my improved mpg this current year.

Does it show, I love doodling with data and spreadsheets......... :D

i get an average of about 46-48 mpg out of the petrol 1.6, but I almost exclusively drive on the motorway long distance and usually not during any traffic. (I'm also a bit of a driving miss daisy and dont often go above 60mph for extended periods of time!) I've seen me nudge 50 mpg when I haven't got anything in the boot (according to the trip computer anyway!)

I guess in my 2L petrol i'm getting about 31mpg, maybe 32.

But i drive it fast sometimes.

Ive only used mine recently for shortish runs around town since I fitted a Pipercross panel filter and have so far averaged 40 mpg. I only normally get this on a run so reasonably pleased at the moment. Mind you I have been driving like a granny.

i get an average of about 46-48 mpg out of the petrol 1.6, but I almost exclusively drive on the motorway long distance and usually not during any traffic. (I'm also a bit of a driving miss daisy and dont often go above 60mph for extended periods of time!) I've seen me nudge 50 mpg when I haven't got anything in the boot (according to the trip computer anyway!)

Steve as your post indicates, averages are down to may variables. I myself once achieved 50 mpg [on comp] doing a 37 mile run on the A65. Carrying two people, luggage and a full tank of petrol. Reading taken prior to joining the M6 heading North.

The A65 is notorious for caravans, with very few safe passing places. so even if you do manage to pass one, you just hurry along until your stuck behind another one. So I find it better stress wise, to just sit well back from a caravan and go with the flow. This way it allows those in a rush behind me, to overtake on their way going inevitably nowhere fast ......... :rolleyes:

I just couldn't sit at 60 on the motorway for any length of time [admittedly that's on a busy motorway, Ok I could do it on the M65 ] Because I don't like trucks up my !Removed! in hemmed in conditions. Nearly all deaths on motorways are the result of some poor motorists being taken out by trucks hitting them up the !Removed! and compressing their car into the rear of the vehicle in front.

Needless to say, what comes to the fore in every discussion about mpg, is the more you stray upwards and away from 55 mph on the speedo, the less mpg you will return .

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club