Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2009 focus 1.8 zetec S

Scorer1uk

As stated in the topic description, i have an Adaptive Front Lighting in my car, and I was wondering if anyone know if it is possible to swop the current bulbs over to a Bi-Xenon that is clear white with a 'blue' tint?

Much Appreciated!

Chris

Do you already have HID lights fitted?

If so, shouldnt be a problem, so long as its the same fitment, however, the more blue the tint, the less strength of the beam, so you sacrafice site for the colour blue!

If no, you wont be able to. Kits are available but GB road law states you need headlight washers and automatic headlight dip adjustment due to the dazzling nature of HID lights.

Hope that helps.

Piggy :)

Ahh I don't think i have HID... and thank you for clearing that up for me Piggy :)

U can get uprated (yet same wattage) headlight bulbs tho, Phillips and Bosch do very good ranges, they say they are up to 50% brighter and whiter too??

Maybe that helps ya?

Piggy :)

i will certainly look into that thanks Piggy! Btw, how do i know if i have HID installed?! As you can probably tell, im not exactly clued up on these things lol :)

Adaptive front lighting system £250 Launch Mar 2009

£245 Dec 2008 Feb 2009

Front fog lights Standard Launch Now

Headlight levelling control Optional Launch Mar 2009

Standard Mar 2009 Now

Xenon headlights + auto levelling and washers £550 Launch Mar 2009

£538 Dec 2008 Feb 2009

so you have xenon lights installed be thankfull ive had hid and they were nowt but a pain

Art,

That's the thing that im confused... i dont have washers nor the auto levelling i think. Perhaps Ford just put in an standard halogen adaptive front lighting as a friend of a friend pointed out that i have halo ones?

• 1 month later...

One way of telling that you have self-levelling fitted, is the omission of the driver's thumb-wheel for him/her doing it manually. Washers can be fitted using a bumper & washer set-up from a higher trim version of the car, a bit costly with painting, etc. ( breaker's yard a possibility.)

One way of telling that you have self-levelling fitted, is the omission of the driver's thumb-wheel for him/her doing it manually. Washers can be fitted using a bumper & washer set-up from a higher trim version of the car, a bit costly with painting, etc. ( breaker's yard a possibility.)

hant seen many with the adaptive hid lighting as i believe it was costly as an option brighter bulbs do make a big difference they can be expensive so shop around eBay do loads of them just make sure they are road legal and not the rally ones that bllind everyone else

• 6 months later...

I heard the Philips bulbs being talked about in other threads. Are they any good. Think they mentioned the Philips blue bulb.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club