Do Not Sell My Personal Information

KA rear suspension

vonmetford

Hi, i've just found the o/s/r coil is broken on my '03 KA. I normally service and repair my own cars but have never changed suspension parts. Can anyone say, is it possible to do myself or should i take it to my local garage? Last year the same problem occoured on the o/s/f and it cost quite a lot at my local garage, which is not a ford dealership. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Regards, V.

never done a spring on a ka but if your technically minded you shouldnt have any issues.

the rear springs on the focus are a little tricky to remove, a little aid from a spring compressor and they pop out.

never done a spring on a ka but if your technically minded you shouldnt have any issues.

the rear springs on the focus are a little tricky to remove, a little aid from a spring compressor and they pop out.

thanks...mine is in two pieces and nearly falling off...regards, von.

it's an easy one to do on a ka

you should be able to diy & it's a cheap part

you will need to makup a tool to compress the spring

from what i can remember

look on google pics for a diagram of one or buy on off the site below

look here m8 for parts

www.buypartsby.co.uk

if it's not listed ( the spring) then phone them as they dont list all products they stock

• 2 weeks later...

it is also recommended to replace springs in pairs

the ka is easy if you have a haynes manual it shouldnt be more at a garage than 160 quid to have both springs replaced and yes ide replace in pairs as the other one wont be far behind thats for sure saves you doing the job twice and spings are cheap

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club