Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lowering A Ka

MattyZR

I’m looking for a cheap A-B Wagon and thought the KA would be perfect.

I’m looking at the older models and was wondering if anyone had made any visual improvements, any ideas welcomed.

I would probably add HID's and lower the car on some nice rims.

Where do most people get their lowering springs or coilovers from?

Thanks

-Matty

I’m looking for a cheap A-B Wagon and thought the KA would be perfect.

I’m looking at the older models and was wondering if anyone had made any visual improvements, any ideas welcomed.

I would probably add HID's and lower the car on some nice rims.

Where do most people get their lowering springs or coilovers from?

Thanks

-Matty

i'd have brought i fiesta instead lol just joking.

Springs are usually found cheapeast on either a supplier on the forum or flee bay some where like that. Hid's are a good start maybe a better set of rims colour code the bumpers and mirrors. Remove side rubbing strips if it has them or paint them too. de badge front grill etc etc

i'd have brought i fiesta instead lol just joking.

Springs are usually found cheapeast on either a supplier on the forum or flee bay some where like that. Hid's are a good start maybe a better set of rims colour code the bumpers and mirrors. Remove side rubbing strips if it has them or paint them too. de badge front grill etc etc

to be honest lowered kas are just awful too bumpy and the handling isnt that great they suffer from serious rust under the petrol cap area which goes right through every ka ive dealt with older ones have had this i agree get a fiesta mate the ka just isnt a great little car if you really want one try get a darker colour bodykits are available anbd ive fitted a few they are easy to fit and reasonably cheap as for wheels we stuck on ripspeed ones given how much the car cost it didnt warrant over expensive rims black and chrome ones donr e the job

artscot79 - what does rust around the petrol cap have to do with lowering a Ka? Are you going to post negative comments in reply to every Ka thread?

artscot79 - what does rust around the petrol cap have to do with lowering a Ka? Are you going to post negative comments in reply to every Ka thread?

no i am not its a look out point basically if you jhave an oldser ka open the cap and keep it clean as the water gathers and causes it to rust in response if you want to lower then get a kit ie matched springs and shocks just springs arent any good as if the original shocks are a bit worn theyw ill soon go so get a decent spring and shock set eBay have plenty to choose from the ride will be a bit harder than normal just take care with the speedbumps

no i am not its a look out point basically if you jhave an oldser ka open the cap and keep it clean as the water gathers and causes it to rust in response if you want to lower then get a kit ie matched springs and shocks just springs arent any good as if the original shocks are a bit worn theyw ill soon go so get a decent spring and shock set ebay have plenty to choose from the ride will be a bit harder than normal just take care with the speedbumps

Rust around the petrol cap on the Ka is caused by dirt and moisture buildup in the dirt trap behind the filler cap - inside the wheelarch. Dirt flies up off the wheel and gets stuck in there, unless that area is regularly hosed out.

Rust around the petrol cap on the Ka is caused by dirt and moisture buildup in the dirt trap behind the filler cap - inside the wheelarch. Dirt flies up off the wheel and gets stuck in there, unless that area is regularly hosed out.

agreed - the same as the wheel arches on most fords too. unless the paint is damaged the rust always starts from the inside, bubbles the paint and breaks through.

agreed - the same as the wheel arches on most fords too. unless the paint is damaged the rust always starts from the inside, bubbles the paint and breaks through.

tr repairing them everyday the rust has been caused by a seal around the actual filler degrading just on the bottom running inside it then goes inside th erear panel and slowly rots weve put a new rear quarter panel on and it can be seen where it starts the inside rear starts to get wet and the bottom of the quarter panel rusts from inside not the first weve seen either mostly older ones 1996-98 models but yes it can be caused by the filler getting gunged up to i dont disagree as for lowering we had one in on sports shocks and sproings lowered 30mm and it wasnt too bad liveable but not too comfy depending if youre roads are like mine full of potholes

artscot79 - do you know if Ford ever made any changes to the filler cap design to prevent rust on the later models, i.e. ones produced during 2007 and afterwards towards the end of the production line?

I've noticed 03 and 04 models with rust around the filler cap - probably newer ones out there with it if they've never been cleaned properly.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club