Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bluetooth Phone Issue

boggyb68

Hi there, I wonder if anyone could help with a samll issue I have with the bluetooth phone conectivity in my 59 plate Fiesta Titanium.

I have the USB/Voice control bluetooth system and an iPhone 3GS.

It connects ok and I can access the phone book etc, but when a call comes in I press the Mode button on the steering wheel remote button set up and instead of answering the call as per the Ford Fiesta manual, it just cuts the call off and the caller is put straight through to my voicemail. I tried my wifes Sony Ericsson K750i and it did the same. According to the Ford Mobile Me website the iPhone is only 3blocks for compatability and the Sony one is only 2.

I can use the function buttons ok to take/reject calls but the Mode button seems to just reject, when it should take the call with the first push and then end the call with a further push.

Not a major issue but it just means I have to stretch over to the centre console to accept the call when pressing a button on the wheel is easier and safer.

Any feedback gratefully received.

Many thanks

Simon aka Boggybb68

Quite a few of us have this. The mode button doesn't answer calls. I'm not sure if this was ever resolved or whether the manual is just wrong.

Hi, I thought it cut off the call at first, but there is a very slight delay in answering the call. But it does work for me.

I just just press the M button, wait, and then take the call.

I think at first I thought it was not working and pressed the M button twice, which will cut off the call !

Hope this helps

Cheers guys, much appreciated. I have tested it out by sitting in the car dialling my number from another mobile, and when the Blutooth kicks into life using the Mode button to answer it. There is no pause it just cuts the phone off and the caller goes straight to voicemail...

I am just going to put it down to phone compatability...

I may drop into Haynes our local dealer in Maidstone just to see if there is anything they can recommend though...

Thanks

B.

I run a Blackberry Storm and have no trouble with the mode button, the call is taken OK.

Colin.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club