Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Type Of Engine? 2006 Mk2 1.6Lx

ToneDeaf

Hi Folks,

Just joined this evening and doing a bit of research for my Wife's replacement motor which she is collecting tomorrow. I'm preparing to buy replacement plugs, filters, oil, etc.

It's a new shape 1.6LX on an 06 plate.

When I enter the registration no. into the etis website it tells me - Build Date:14.02.2006 1.6L Zetec-S PFI (100PS).

Other web research hints at the Duratec engine for this model.

Can you knowledgeable folks confirm which engine was supplied?

Look forward to browsing the forums here.

Regards

it is a 1.6 duratec thats jus the new name ford gave there zetec engines when they brought the new focus's out

it is a 1.6 duratec thats jus the new name ford gave there zetec engines when they brought the new focus's out

yeah the duratec is the zetec dressed up a bit with a fancy cover etc same with the old st170s it was marketed as a duratec but its a zetec engine ford couldnt have there performance car with amn older engine so yet again dressed it up its very simple to do a simple cover on the engine is all it takes so you are a zetec mate

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club