Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk 6 Radio Removal

rikernumber1

Hi All,

I have a Mk6 Finesse - pretty basic but it does the job. I'd like to run my iPod touch through the radio. I'm not really a fan of the FM transmitters, so I'm looking for a wired solution - either a wired FM modulator, or maybe there's a handy aux input on the back?

How does the radio come out on these? On the dash it looks like it's in three components - CD part, main controls and presets. Do they just ease out on spring clips? I thought I'd have a look and see what was there first.

TIA

if its the same as my mums old car you just buy a set of radio removal keys from Halfords and just slot them in teh corners of the radio block.

for your ipod you can buy. Its somthing like this....

http://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/connects-iconnectford-ford-focus-mondeo-fiesta-ipod-interface-adaptor-p-10019.html

you just wire it up to the rear of your radio and then run the ipod lead through your glove box or any other way so u can get to it.

Hi,

Thanks for this advice. Since posting, I've done some further research. I'm not sure my head unit - which I think is a Ford 4500 - has an aux input. I'm therefore going to look at something like this:

FM Modulator

I've also found the head unit for sale on eBay - it's one unit, but the fascia makes it look like three, and I'm going to have to get the fascia out to get the radio out....

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club