Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just Had My First Ever Accident!

FreqFace

Well I've been driving about 6 weeks now and I have suffered my first accident... I reversed into a wall :P Don't ask how I wasn't looking properly, now I've knocked off the bumper ever so slighty and scratched it, not really even that noticeable, just annoying. What's the going rate for bumper repair...? To be honest considering some of the accidents my friends have had, I'm doing well!

So to make me feel better (lol) what were your first ever accidents and what damage have you done to your cars in the past?

I'd just find your local car breakers and buy a new bumper. Mine was £20 for a MK4 bumper so you're probably looking at £30/£40 for a MK5 bumper.

Piece of urine to fit :)

to make u feel better i brought a vtr had it for about 24 hours and driving home from work coming to a corner some young lad came to fast around the corner and slid in to the front of my car at bt 50mph that hurt like anything and sorry cant help laughing me and a friend were and burger king having a quick burger last nite when we watching some young lads !Removed! around in the car park when one of them let there mate drive the car lost control and hit the only post in the car park and write his mates car off hahaha

Unlucky =( Shame but at least it wasnt a bad one. Just learning the size of the car by touch ey? :)

Ive only had one ding in my first car(mk6 fiesta) Was driving about a year and a half when it happened. I did 8 hours at work(8.30-4.30 office job), didnt sleep and then went back out to "work" @ 3 in the morning, delivering milk(helping girlfriends mum out, she needed a driver for the milk van) so, I was needless to say a bit sleepy, we pulled into the milk..er...place and I was neatly and VERY slowley reversing up to a(black) barrier(at night) about bumper height. Little did I see or know about was that there was a bar attached teh the barrier that kind of stuck out.

Result- A very grumpy me and £150 damage to the boot lid.

04072009347.jpg

04072009346.jpg

04072009345.jpg

I was amazed at how much damage was caused, I barley touched it and I was going 1,2 mph max.

I'm 19 and have been driving for 2 years in June. And have had two notable accidents (which I maintain weren't my fault).

1st one was in the Waitrose van. It was an '07 Mercedes Sprinter and was going down quite a steep hill on a narrow country road at about 25mph. It was lashing it down with rain as there was a storm that day. Then a dippy woman in a Clio came flying up the hill. I braked, the wheels locked up. And had to swerve left and ended up on the bank and in the hedge, with the van nearly tipping on it's side with the Clio directly under it. Didn't touch the Clio, and even though I was an unhealthy shade of green and shaking like a leaf ... The woman just said "sorry about that". Only damage to the van was a snapped number plate. Had to wait an hour for a local farmer to find me and pull the van out as the van phone or my mobile neither had signal.

2nd one is probably known on this site as it happened recently. Driving my Focus up a narrow country lane on a bend in January during the "Big Freeze" ... As I was going up (at about 10mph) a BMW 3-Series Tourer was coming down (at around the same speed as me). Both skidded on the ice, went into eachother inside the hedge. Car was quite bad but it's repaired now. BMW was repaired because the driver looked pretty well off.

That's it, haven't had little bumps though really. :)

I've only had one accident (if you could call it that).

I had been driving about 6 months and was parking in a multistorey car park. I had a Nissan Sunny LX 1.4 (1994 plate)

I had missed the turning that takes you up to the next level as it was pretty tight and straight after the ramp to come up from the level below (if that makes sense?). So I traveled all around that level back to the start, I waited for the car to come up from the level below and it looked like he missed the turning too, however, instead of going around the level like I did, he decided to reverse back to the ramp. I had already pulled out to go up the ramp myself and he ended up reversing into my front drivers side headlight. Taking out my headlight and denting my bonnet a little.

The funny thing is, it happened in proper slow motion and I didn't do anything to stop it ... I was kinda shocked lol. Looking back I could've probably reversed out of his way and pipped him, but then I guess someone could have 'probably' been walking behind me too and I run them over!

Needless to say I got out of the car shouting at him ... at first he claimed it was my fault but some people came over (who were stood paying at the pay machine) and told him that they clearly saw my break lights on, he soon changed his story ... idiot.

Bit of a weak, wet accident to be honest lol.

I've never had any accidents yet after nearly 4 years driving *touch wood that continues!* but yesterday driving in the MEN car park in Manchester (if you've been there then you'll know how narrow the ramps are) I slightly scratched the front left alloy on some concrete. Was so annoyed but luckily it's barely noticeable. Looking at the scraps on the wall it seems like many many cars have done the same.

Only ive ever had two bumps which was my fault lucky enough it was in the works van (There insurance not mine) i was driveing a 07 reg vw crafter van 2.5 diesel i was reverseing and did'nt see this mitsubishi warrior jeep that was behind me and i cracked it i smashed the whole light on the works van and dinted one of the back doors and put a big dint in the warrior the guy was not to happy like :ph34r: o and the same van reverseing again and reversed into a barrier only a slight dint this time i put it down the van being to big for me has i was not used to driveing big vehicles plus i don't like driveing notthing without a rear view mirror.

My first and only accident was when i reversed into my friends car while he was sitting in it, dented both bumpers. We both had crap cars so it wasn't a big deal, but it was VERY akward :mellow:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club