Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Fiesta Teething Problems And A Buckled Wheel.

james_60

Hi folks

Took my Fez into the dealership with a list of teething problems.

One was the bluetooth crashing etc and losing the radio settings.

Two was jerkiness when cold etc and cruise control not working properly

Three was vibration through the floor and pedals.

Problems one were treated by updating the radio and bluetooth with an available update.

Problem two was updated with the ecu being updated (my car was build in december)

there had been two updates to the ecu since december to relieve poor running when cold and poor fuel comsumption.

Problem three was not the driveshafts as they took them apart and they found them to be fine (previous tsb)

When they re balanced the wheels they found the passenger side front to be buckled due to pot holing.

They balanced it up as best they could as it was not severe but it will require a new alloy wheel at £150 and a new tyre at £80 (conti premium contact 195/45/16 V)

So to sum this up.

If you feel any slight vibration through your steering wheel or through the floor get those alloys checked.

If your 1.4 petrol or 1.2 is running poor at cold take it in and ask them to check it.

My fuel economy has gone up by around 3-4 mpg with those updates.

Jamie

how do you find out when ur car was made? and what version of the ECU software u have? my car, although only 600 miles on the clock sounds rough while accelerating up even the slightest of hills, it didnt sound like this untill about 200 miles in

james

Hi James

Try this website

http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do;jsessionid=261C2A3D2231EE443085A265EE003655.dulv0678

Enter your reg in the box and it will provide manufacturing details of your car.

It will not show your software revisions.

How many miles do you do a week/month

Jamie

So how old are these updates? Mine was built November 5th 2008, and is poor on fuel, and 3rd gen iPod touch won't connect!

Hi

Well since my car was built on the 11th of december 2009 two updates have been released

An update for your bluetooth and audio sytem is also available.

So your car unless they have updated it at a service is running on even older firmware/software etc

If your car is running rough etc then why put up with it. Explain what your car is up to, to your service manager.

Jamie

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club