Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Satnavs & Heated Screens

wlshyd

Does anyone have any issues using an aftermarket satnav with a heated screen?

Seems to work fine with my iPhone (I have built-in satnav with the car, but use the iPhone for safety camera databases). Never had an issue with the GF's Tom-Tom unit either.

Does anyone have any issues using an aftermarket satnav with a heated screen?

dont stick them to the screen if thats what yiou meaan fit them to the dash it doesnt take much to break an element

Sorry no just meant if they still receive sufficient signal for them to operate...

Many reviews seem to say yes, but i've had cars in the past with heat-reflective screens (different, i know) and these literally stopped ALL gps signals, rendering my shiny new tomtom redundant!

I just hope the Ford's heated screens wouldnt do the same as i need my satnav a lot, not to mention its saved my licence a few times...

Sorry no just meant if they still receive sufficient signal for them to operate...

Many reviews seem to say yes, but i've had cars in the past with heat-reflective screens (different, i know) and these literally stopped ALL gps signals, rendering my shiny new tomtom redundant!

I just hope the Ford's heated screens wouldnt do the same as i need my satnav a lot, not to mention its saved my licence a few times...

I knew what you meant :) Nope, no issues at all, but then I don't mount on the windscreen - I detest windscreen mounts of all kinds!

dont stick them to the screen if thats what yiou meaan fit them to the dash it doesnt take much to break an element

The heated front differs from the heated rear screen. The elements are not on the surface but are actually contained within the glass itself so, so fitting it to the front screen shouldn't be an issue in this respect.

I've not had any issues with reception.

i have no problems with tom tom or road angel.

same here :D my Tom Tom works just a good in my Fiesta with heated screen as in my old car that didn't have the heated screen :)

The heated front differs from the heated rear screen. The elements are not on the surface but are actually contained within the glass itself so, so fitting it to the front screen shouldn't be an issue in this respect.

I've not had any issues with reception.

thre you go then i havent had one with the heated screen my old man has and found them to be a pain in the royal one tiny chip in winter and crack i was under the assumption it was a similar set up to the rear and the elements were outside the glass not contained within other than that the only reason i wouldnt put on the screen is thiefs look for the tell tale ring when its removed left by the suckers knowing its likely in the car somewhere usually glovebox or under a seat quite common for being stolen

tomtom works fine in my car, as far as I know it is the solar reflecting windscreens that block GPS signals. tomtom do sell an external GPS antenna to get round this.

My mates crappy "mapster" or something worked fine with my quickclear full signal all the way if you have solar reflect on the other hand then your in a different ballpark as the others have said.

Mike

I use a tomtom in my ford focus, I have it mounted by the side of the radio, and I have had no problems with it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club