Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focustddi

petemh

hi all need some help with my focus tddi it will not start when hot and there is alot of white smoke. the only way to start it is to run a wire from the battery to glow plug feed it only dose this somtimes car runs well and starts fine when cold has anyone got any ideas please

hi all need some help with my focus tddi it will not start when hot and there is alot of white smoke. the only way to start it is to run a wire from the battery to glow plug feed it only dose this somtimes car runs well and starts fine when cold has anyone got any ideas please

a lot of white smoke isnt a good sign White smoke occurs when raw diesel comes through the exhaust completely intact and unburned. Some causes of this include…

• Faulty or damaged injectors
  • Incorrect injection timing (could be a worn timing gear or damaged crankshaft keyway).
  • Low cylinder compression (eg caused by leaking or broken valves, piston ring sticking, cylinder and/or ring wear, or cylinder glaze)

When white smoke occurs at cold start, and then disappears as the engine warms up, the most common causes are fouling deposits around piston rings and/or cylinder glazing. Water entering combustion spaces will also create white smoke. Faulty head gaskets and cracked cylinder heads or blocks are a common cause of water entry, and are often to blame. Unfortunately, expensive mechanical repair is the only proper solution here. either way you need it put into a garage it sounds to me from what you say like the head gasket is going or the pumps timing is out which will have caused damage dont hang around get it looked at as soon as you can

as its not happening all the time and the car runs fine apart from trying to start when hot, im thinking maybe a sensor somewhere is fubarred. might be worth getting diagnostics carried out, could be something as simple as a temp sensor.

had fault codes read and there is only one which is battery under 10 volts starts fine in the morning with no more smoke than normal plenty ofpower not losing any fluids have been told it

could be the battery causing all problems

had fault codes read and there is only one which is battery under 10 volts starts fine in the morning with no more smoke than normal plenty ofpower not losing any fluids have been told it

could be the battery causing all problems

If the engine turns over ok then i would imagine the battery isnt the problem but if its giving a low voltage on cranking i would replace it since you know its not up to scratch and go from there

has the car been hooked up to live diagnostics?

yes the car has been on live diagnostics but wont show any thing because you never no when it will happen again its not had any probs for the last couple of days but last night while looking round the engine i stoped the engine and you could hear the filter making a noise like sucking air in mabey this would cause probs i hope and thanks all for your help

yes the car has been on live diagnostics but wont show any thing because you never no when it will happen again its not had any probs for the last couple of days but last night while looking round the engine i stoped the engine and you could hear the filter making a noise like sucking air in mabey this would cause probs i hope and thanks all for your help

well since its been fine as stef said its likely its a sensor or a dodgy wire to a sensor frustrating i know best thing to do is have it running and check as many pipes and hoses as you can look for collapsed pipes and see if you can trace the noise down it could be a few of them if need be take a few of the easy ones off and have an inspection of them

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club