Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If Anybody Is Thinking Of Buying Coilovers From Gaz

mikester

First of all let me start by saying that Gaz as a company are great, and the service I've received is brilliant.

So I paid my £500odd for these coilovers a while back and received them 4/5weeks later, as promised. Dealt with them directly as got the contact number/email from their website.

After checking the contents of the box I'd received I did wonder if I had the right parts, and noticed the rear adjuster pieces looked different to what I was expecting.

Carried on with fitting anyway, and low and behold the rear adjusters are VERY different! they are placed on the lower arm, which is unusual for coilovers, this would also mean adjustment would be very difficult in the future due to access and the movement of the adjuster itself (the seat should be the only movable piece).

This is the piece:

coily.jpg

and this is where it's supposed to go:

coily2.jpg

(middle hole)

the piece will not locate centrally, and moves about on is own free will, also... the car will not go lowe than what looks like 30mm one side and 35mm the other.. not very good for coilovers, right?

So I've been in touch with Gaz and they were very prompt in sending me some new ones to try.

Here's what they look like:

newadjusterseat2.jpg

newadjusterseat1.jpg

Now you'd think after being informed of having the wrong items I'd deffo get the right ones now.... well I had hoped, although this adjuster will clearly not go over the raised hole section like it's supposed to. thus not locating centrally and again its at the bottom, something I'm gonna have to live with. just for reference, this is how a KW coilover kit looks at the rear:

dsc02309.jpg

magic aint it?! thats the same as it was on the ST i had before, and seeingly the rear section as a whole is identical (barr the lack of rear disc brakes)... coincidently the springs i've got are labelled st150 :)

anyway...

these new adjusters have the benefit of having thread which goes all he way to the bottom, so i should be able to go lower at lease as the seat will sit over this raised 'hole' section and *should* sit firmly in place... I hope.

I thought anyone who might want a set should know just in case you get sent parts which look like they shouldn't go on.. maybe there is a piece that is 100% designed to plug that hole and threaded all the way to the bottom for maximum adjustment.

I'll post pics up when the heights are all set as the front is slammed with the rear in the air, track day style.. until i get these new ones on anyway.

Hello Mikester, I read your previous post on this article as I had bought myself a coilover set at the about the same time, and so took an interest in your thread. I coincidently have H&R coilovers and my rear adjuster mounts like the KW set-up in the picture, where it sits around the original upper locating peg then 3 grub screws subsequently lock the new adjuster collar onto the peg.

I was pleased when you said GAZ was sending you the correct parts, as like you I didn't like the set-up you originally had, I am a little shocked that after recieving your "correct items", they appear to mount exactly the same as the old items. Personally I wouldn't like to fit this set-up as to my eyes your having to put alot faith in what looks like a M10 maybe M12(I hope it's at least a grade 10.9) stud and a washer in an over sized hole. I just hope you don't have any problems.

I have gone down the ap coilover route so hoping i get no problems!!!

Look forward to the pics!!!!!!