Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Far Can I Lower My Car?

jackyboy

Hi, i am looking to lower my focus, i have 17inch alloys and want to lower about 50mm, are there going to be issues with rubbing anywhere while i am cornering. Any help will be grately appreciated.

Cheers, Jack.

Hi, i am looking to lower my focus, i have 17inch alloys and want to lower about 50mm, are there going to be issues with rubbing anywhere while i am cornering. Any help will be grately appreciated.

Cheers, Jack.

50mm is too much for any car unless youre using top rate coilovers even then the stress and strain on bearings and bushes makes it pointless 20-30mm is more than adequate as to wether it will rub even at 30mm ive seen the fronts rub on full lock catching the arch liner

50mm is too much for any car unless youre using top rate coilovers even then the stress and strain on bearings and bushes makes it pointless 20-30mm is more than adequate as to wether it will rub even at 30mm ive seen the fronts rub on full lock catching the arch liner

so is there nothing i can do if i just want to lower it on springs? how much are coilovers? i can c them being quite alot! lol 30mm hardly looks lowered once u put bigger wheels no tho does it? cheers

My mate james cranked his mp3 edtion (17" alloys) down 50mm and in truth it looked sh*# was wayy to low and looked as if it was dragging its !Removed! on the ground, 30mm ebatch springs would be what i would use something like these ...

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/focus_eibach_pro_spring_kit_74.htm

Mike

My mate james cranked his mp3 edtion (17" alloys) down 50mm and in truth it looked sh*# was wayy to low and looked as if it was dragging its !Removed! on the ground, 30mm ebatch springs would be what i would use something like these ...

http://www.fordparts...ring_kit_74.htm

Mike

springs give the look inality do nothing for cornering 50mm as said is way too much and to do it right yioull need to lower and then likely have camber adjusters fitted etcetc etc a decent set of coilovers are around 200 quid then you have fitting and then a 4 wheel alignment on top of that but you need the alignment done anyway with just springs at 50mm trust me youll spend hundreds repairing the rapidly failing bearings and bushes etc

springs give the look inality do nothing for cornering 50mm as said is way too much and to do it right yioull need to lower and then likely have camber adjusters fitted etcetc etc a decent set of coilovers are around 200 quid then you have fitting and then a 4 wheel alignment on top of that but you need the alignment done anyway with just springs at 50mm trust me youll spend hundreds repairing the rapidly failing bearings and bushes etc

so i need coilovers? does that do front and back? how hard are they to fit? could a bog standard mechanic fit them? and you got any suggestions for any coilovers i could buy? cheers

Hi matey, my mates lowered his focus down to 70mm but he removed the inner skin to do so so i think 60-ish?

Hi I have a coil over kit brand new in box if you are interested let me know on 07786045597.

Thanks

Mark

post-14431-12757795547_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

I have a focus 1.6 lx with 17" wheels and have just lowered it by 40mm with a jamex kit found on eBay for £70. Doesn't rub on full lock or anything. Very happy but was a bit of a pig to do. Couldn't have managed without spring clamps

I have a focus 1.6 lx with 17" wheels and have just lowered it by 40mm with a jamex kit found on eBay for £70. Doesn't rub on full lock or anything. Very happy but was a bit of a pig to do. Couldn't have managed without spring clamps

any more than 30mm then you start to get failing wheel bearings as well as the fact that the whole suspension geometry goes to pot and youll find tyres wearing unevenly you would need a proper camber correction kit

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club