Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuel Cap

gafflad2010

:) hi guys im new on ere and never used a forum before well hear we go i own a 1996 1.8 16v LX mondeo and i have a problem with the fuel cap inside the driver door there is a lever that opens the boot if pulled up and pushed down it is meant to open the fuel cap but it does not i have to spend ages before it will work what could this be and is it an easy fix as i have been informed that it is an M.O.T failure if not working any help would be most greatfull as M.O.T is due next month

it could be just stuck,get a mate to help,hold the release lever up, then carefully ease the flap open.Once it is opened ,then lube the plastic pivot hinge and also the spring loaded release plunger.you can also locate the release cable from inside the boot behind the trim.

:)

it could be just stuck,get a mate to help,hold the release lever up, then carefully ease the flap open.Once it is opened ,then lube the plastic pivot hinge and also the spring loaded release plunger.you can also locate the release cable from inside the boot behind the trim.

ok thanks i will try that tommorrow :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club