Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Ka Fuel Pump Not Coming On

sweet_16

I have a 1998 KA which has been standing for a while. On routines I started it and let it iddle over six months. The other day I tried to start it but the engine did not come alive even though it was turning. On investigating I found that the pump was not even getting energized. Someone suggested reseting the realy which I have searched for without success. Can any one point me in the right direction as to where I can find the cut out and way forward should this be not an issue after all.

Again how do I remove the ecu as it seems fixed tight to the passanger side footwell and I can not see how it is mounted there.

i would try the following

make sure you have radio code

remove charge battery overnight or better still for 24 hours.

that way you know the battery is charged t& the ecu will reset it's self &

all should fire up

otherwise try a new battery

if your in a brake down aa rac etc give them a call

& they will check battery etc for you

it sounds like it maybe a duff battery to me.

if you want to check the voltage at the multiplug to the pump.

the plug wires are as follows:-

Top left = Positive feed pump.

Top centre = Fuel level indicator.

Top right = Negative feed pump.

Bottom left = Fuel level indicator.

Bottom right = Earth to fuel pump housing.

I have a 1998 KA which has been standing for a while. On routines I started it and let it iddle over six months. The other day I tried to start it but the engine did not come alive even though it was turning. On investigating I found that the pump was not even getting energized. Someone suggested reseting the realy which I have searched for without success. Can any one point me in the right direction as to where I can find the cut out and way forward should this be not an issue after all.

Again how do I remove the ecu as it seems fixed tight to the passanger side footwell and I can not see how it is mounted there.

It's not going to be a battery problem if the engine is turning. There is an inertia fuel cut off switch behind the carpet in front of the R/H door. It sounds like this is what you're looking for. If the button is raised the switch has been activated. Reset by pushing in.

• 2 weeks later...

It's not going to be a battery problem if the engine is turning. There is an inertia fuel cut off switch behind the carpet in front of the R/H door. It sounds like this is what you're looking for. If the button is raised the switch has been activated. Reset by pushing in.

Thanks Marko 10 for pointing me in the right direction to find the switch. As found the switch seemed down indicating it not operated to disarm the power to fuel pump. Even on pressing it there is no movement. If the fault is with the ecu how can I reset without emptying my pockets?

• 2 months later...

Thanks Marko 10 for pointing me in the right direction to find the switch. As found the switch seemed down indicating it not operated to disarm the power to fuel pump. Even on pressing it there is no movement. If the fault is with the ecu how can I reset without emptying my pockets?

Did u have any luck I have the exact same problem ka been sitting a year started it up often then one day turns over not firing up and it's not the cut off either but defo fuel pump not buzzing up

In the fuse box there is a 10 amp fuse on the top row about 4th or 5th from the right (next to it is a 20 or 30 amp fuse on the right) this is for the fuel pump. It dont even show that this fuse is for the fuel pump on the fuse box cover

• 9 years later...

I have an 08 is the fuel pump is not cummin on der is power goin to it n i took it out of d tank put  wires strait to a battery n it works fine but when I put it bk in it don't work