Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Shocks - Raise The Ride Height.

lublin

I need to replace the front shocks, thanks to Ukrainian roads - holiday, so what I'd like to know is, is it possible to get shocks that raise the ride height of the car and what make of shocks are OK? I don't need the best or sport versions but I don't want economy ones as they would need replacing pretty quick because of the roads here. Also is it possible to raise the ride height at the rear of the car which is an estate.

The reason I need to raise the height is because parking is difficult to find and the curbs are high here (yes, it's legal to park on the pavement here) and also it makes it easier when there's deep snow or just very uneven roads like in some parts of the country.

I need to replace the front shocks, thanks to Ukrainian roads - holiday, so what I'd like to know is, is it possible to get shocks that raise the ride height of the car and what make of shocks are OK? I don't need the best or sport versions but I don't want economy ones as they would need replacing pretty quick because of the roads here. Also is it possible to raise the ride height at the rear of the car which is an estate.

The reason I need to raise the height is because parking is difficult to find and the curbs are high here (yes, it's legal to park on the pavement here) and also it makes it easier when there's deep snow or just very uneven roads like in some parts of the country.

I found some Monroe gas dampers for only 60 Pounds a pair so I had these fitted.

How are they?

Have they raised the car?

Yes, slightly. I think the others shocks must have been very old. It's hard to describe but the ride is firmer but not as harsh (best I can describe it- I also had a pair of the L shaped metal 'things' underneath fitted) must be the gas in the dampers. It rides nice and corners better, not that I corner hard all the time just occasionally. I also had new original front pads fitted which I got at a good discount because the main dealer didn't want them sitting on his shelf any longer. All I have now is the anti-rollbar bushes knocking a bit but that can wait until next year as I've spent enough this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club