Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.6 Petrol Engine Doesn't Look Like The Handbook Picture!

Gregch

Took delivery of our brand new Fiesta Titanium today. It's supposed to be a 1.6 petrol but when I opened the bonnet I was a bit surprised to see it looked exactly like the 1.4; and even more freaked out when I looked in the handbook and saw the picture of the 1.6 petrol engine which looks completely different to the engine in this car! All the documents the dealer gave us have 1.6 written on them (or no mention of the engine size), but I can't shake the idea that the car is actually a 1.4!

Any ideas how to definitely check? Could anyone with a 1.6 post a photo of what their engine looks like?

Took delivery of our brand new Fiesta Titanium today. It's supposed to be a 1.6 petrol but when I opened the bonnet I was a bit surprised to see it looked exactly like the 1.4; and even more freaked out when I looked in the handbook and saw the picture of the 1.6 petrol engine which looks completely different to the engine in this car! All the documents the dealer gave us have 1.6 written on them (or no mention of the engine size), but I can't shake the idea that the car is actually a 1.4!

Any ideas how to definitely check? Could anyone with a 1.6 post a photo of what their engine looks like?

If you post your VIN then we can check on the ETIS system what exactly your car has....

Oh, and welcome to the forum! :D

The pictures in the hand book are the wrong way round :) surprised they still havent corrected it

Thanks for the replies, and warm welcome - good to be here!

I subsequently found another thread on this issue and reassuringly it seems like a few people have found the same thing - looks like the handook is wrong then.

Can you determine engine size from the VIN?

Haha, I noticed this before too! Did worry me a bit until I realised there was a mistake in the handbook.

Welcome to FOC Gregch. :)

Thanks for the reassurance! Long trip into Oxfordshire today so time to check it out properly!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club