Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Key Programming Problem

Daybreak

My brother has gone to Afghanistan with the RAF and left me his Ford Focus (mark1). It only had one key and I thought I'd do him a favour by getting a second key from eBay (with remote). I tried to programme the second key using the link below: -

http://www.ehow.co.uk/how_6114141_program-ford-focus-key.html

It programmed they remote but when i turned the key the engine wouldn't start! I then tried the original and it also failed to work. I then reprogrammed the original and the same think happened - no engine power.

I fear I may have messed with the immobiliser. Can this be resolved WITHOUT having to visit a Ford dealership??? I think my good intentions may become an expensive mistake

Please help!!!

My brother has gone to Afghanistan with the RAF and left me his Ford Focus (mark1). It only had one key and I thought I'd do him a favour by getting a second key from Ebay (with remote). I tried to programme the second key using the link below: -

http://www.ehow.co.uk/how_6114141_program-ford-focus-key.html

It programmed they remote but when i turned the key the engine wouldn't start! I then tried the original and it also failed to work. I then reprogrammed the original and the same think happened - no engine power.

I fear I may have messed with the immobiliser. Can this be resolved WITHOUT having to visit a Ford dealership??? I think my good intentions may become an expensive mistake

Please help!!!

You need 2 supplied keys to programme any additional keys. I know of a few who added jag flip keys on focusowners.com and this is the proceedure they used.

To programme the cars immobilisor to accept the key (PATS - passive anti theft system):

For this you'll need 2 keys already known by the car (1 keyfob and one ordinary key is fine)

Now the tricky bit, you need to do all the following procedures within 10 seconds or it wont work.

Take the first known key and put it into the ignition, turn to position 2 and off again then remove the key.

Take the second known key and put it in the ignition, turn to position 2 and off again and remove the key.

Take the new Jag key (any remote key) and insert it into the ignition and turn to position 2 and off again.

Leave the car for a couple of minutes then try starting it with the new Jag key and it should start ok.

NOTE: If you only have 1 key only that is known to the car you CANNOT programme the immobilisor yourself.

If you disconnect the battery for half an hour (make sure you got your radio code) it might allow you to use your ford key again.

Link to thread where I got this info.

Thanks H3lly! I just went out to try it, and as I tried to open the bonnet I quickly put the key in the ignition and lo and behold - the engine turned on!! :lol:

I appreciate the advice. Thanks again!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club