Share Your Car Experience
    • Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MattD

ABS LIGHT/PUMP

6 posts in this topic

I Have a 2004 Fiesta LX, the ABS light came on oops! and when I parked up the Pump continued to run. I had to pull the fuse for the ABS so as not to run my battery flat or mess things up any further. I have since had a friend run a diagnostic test which says ABS Pump circuit failue!!!! Can anybody help? Ford have Quoted £1000 for a new pump!!!!

Hello and welcome.

Why did you just pull the fuse? Did you not think it was a bit strange that the pump had carried on?

But i dont think it will need a new pump, as it sounds like the circuit has been broken and caused it some problems!

Thanks for the Welcome,

I pulled the fuse just in case it caused any further problems, flat battery/pump burn out/blown fuses etc.

How will i know if it is just the circuit without paying a garage to take it apart?

Matt

Hello and welcome.

Why did you just pull the fuse? Did you not think it was a bit strange that the pump had carried on?

But i dont think it will need a new pump, as it sounds like the circuit has been broken and caused it some problems!

I'm not 100% but i'm sure there must be a way of checking wihtout having to pull it all apart.

I'll ask a few friends who have more knowledge than me and see what they say

Sounds to me like a relay sticking? put the fuse back in and see if it does it again then while its doing it remove the relay from behind the glovebox and see if it stops ? Not got my car here at the moment so cant look at it to check the system components? or it could maybe an ABS sensor thats gone? :)

could be a wheel sensor or brake pedal switch/wireing playing up