Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Submarine Lights On Zs

John21

Has anyone fitted the following to their cars?

http://www.european-parts.net/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=140_138&products_id=966

Just upgraded from the Zetec to the Zetec S last week, and I miss my ambient lights :( Especially the 'Submarine Lights' that shine from the roof.

The ambient lights don't look too hard to fit (read a how-to that was posted here) but these look a little harder to fit.

I believe they require a wired connection to the ignition so they switch on with the car and stay on until the car is turned on.

Has anyone tried this? Thinking I might crack open the lights fitted at the moment this weekend to see if there any unconnected wires! Ha doubt Ford would make it this easy...but worth a look.

Thanks,

John

I'm sure somebody on here tried to put that light in but the wiring wasnt there for the ambient lights. Still worth a check though!

I'm sure somebody on here tried to put that light in but the wiring wasnt there for the ambient lights. Still worth a check though!

I'm gonna buy it this weekend and have a bash. Will see what I can come up with.

If anyone has tried this, a little help would be much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm gonna buy it this weekend and have a bash. Will see what I can come up with.

If anyone has tried this, a little help would be much appreciated.

Have you tried this yet? I really want this after I had it in a courtessy car!! I sure hope it works!!!

Didn't really get a chance this weekend because I was away. Will have a look this Saturday or Sunday when I get a minute.

Hi all, was bought one of these as a prezzie for my ZS. There was no wiring for the ambient lighting that we could find so the easiest way around it that we could find was as follows :

1- Remove near side rear light cluster

2- Locate the switched positive ( the one that becomes live when you turn your lights on)

3- Run a length ou cable from the hole where the light fits, through the headlining to the rear light

4- Join at both ends (making sure to seal the end at the light unit to prevent moisture/shorting out)

5- Fit light unit making sure the metal fixture stays in place to clip into

Should now work when you turn your lights on. Sounds like a lot of work but if you are reasonably competant, should take no longer than half an hour or so.

Sounds like a bit of a mission to me!

Where you from Taz777 you could always fit one for me!? :unsure: hahahah!

Its not as bad as it sounds, most of the cable run can be done without rmoving the headlining. One good (and free) piece of kit is a straightened wire coat hanger which enables you to feed the wire from the rear to the front, just remember to secure the cable to the coat hanger well. I,m near Jcn 25 of the M25 if you get really stuck.

Oh ok.. I might give iit a go after I have fitted my sunglasses holder ;)

Do all of the lights work on the new interior light taz? Even the map reading lights? :D

Yeah I cracked mine open the other night. No spare wires unfortunately. Don't really want to go as for as to connect it to the rear lights. Shame really :(

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club