Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Saloon 10/06 Boot

ahodgett

I got the reverse direction as well but I wrote the seller and he send a link for the motor with the correct direction.

Sad to say however that did not solve my problem. After 6 months of trying everything I was willing to do myself, I eventually went to the dealers and told them fix it. The solution ended up an electrical problem inside the car itself so now the trunk open light doesnt come on at nights anymore when I am driving.

hi dicodread, many thanks for prompt reply, my problem "is" the motor.......you wouldn't still have the link for the correct motor? or if you have a correct spare i'll buy it of you ......cheers john

hi dicodread, many thanks for prompt reply, my problem "is" the motor.......you wouldn't still have the link for the correct motor? or if you have a correct spare i'll buy it of you ......cheers john

i suppose they didn't tell you what the problem was? and they charged like a wounded bull ? i'll probably have to follow the same path dicoread.......ah well that's life......have a nice day to yourself........

i suppose they didn't tell you what the problem was? and they charged like a wounded bull ? i'll probably have to follow the same path dicoread.......ah well that's life......have a nice day to yourself........

The last Item I bought was "Ford Focus MK2 Boot / Tailgate Lock Motor (220738447168)" from seller "mcamp1on". The original one I bought that didnt work was "2 x 12VDC Mabuchi Motor FC-280PT-20150 High RPM (350403568887)" from "activesurplus"

• 1 month later...

Hi folks,

I also faced the problem with the moter in the boot. I replaced it with the Mabuchi. For this I removed the contact points in the housing. I drilled a hole in the cover of the housing. Then I soldered two wires on the Mabuchi motor. This wires are brought outside through the hole and connected to the wires near the connector. Wire 1 is used for 12 volt, wire 2 is used for ground (see schematic above in this topic tail lock.jpg).

But the real cause of the problem was that the isolation of wires within the rubber hose between the trunk lid and the chassis were all damaged. So all wires could contact each other giving several failures. So I replaced a part of the wires with new wires (first number wires, then cut out the broken part and replace with new wires, then connect wires again).

Hopefully this story helps others.

Hi folks,

I also faced the problem with the moter in the boot. I replaced it with the Mabuchi. For this I removed the contact points in the housing. I drilled a hole in the cover of the housing. Then I soldered two wires on the Mabuchi motor. This wires are brought outside through the hole and connected to the wires near the connector. Wire 1 is used for 12 volt, wire 2 is used for ground (see schematic above in this topic tail lock.jpg).

But the real cause of the problem was that the isolation of wires within the rubber hose between the trunk lid and the chassis were all damaged. So all wires could contact each other giving several failures. So I replaced a part of the wires with new wires (first number wires, then cut out the broken part and replace with new wires, then connect wires again).

Hopefully this story helps others.

That is a lot of drilling :)

• 3 years later...

I had similar problems with my boot, I found that the wire in the rubber boot that go's from the boot lid to the car body was all

frayed and shorting out

post-22376-0-68781500-1423001948_thumb.j

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club