Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All Of You With Eibach Springs On Mk7 Fiesta

blade

i am thinking of fitting my mk7 fezzi with Eibach springs,however,a m8 of mine fitted eibachs to his fiesta,and says that the ride is horrible,that the car is all over the place,he says it is so bad he is going back to the original springs :(

so i need your experience with Eibach springs,are you satisfied???

Not Mk7 but Mk6 .. the ride has improved soo much. Very comfortable to drive and handles corners so much better :)

you're mate is either...

a. over 60 years of age

or

b. a complete tard.

now before you all rant at me let me explain myself..

who th hell lowers their car and expects to maintain the same level of comfort as stock?!

c'mon seriously? you have to expect a harsher ride when you're lowering the cars centre of gravity. and lets not forget the zetec s on 17s and with the '10mm stiffened sport suspension' as standard was not the most pleasurable of rides to start with. Eibach i've used on my mk6 ST and loved them, the rebound was quicker as the springs were physically shorter so obviously you're going to feel a more snappy response over bumpy terrain. i changed from the eibachs on the mk6 as they simply don't go low enough (for me) and i love the go kart feel of a car on coillovers.

i have gaz golds on my mk7 and i can change how stiff the dampeners are as well as the ride height, and let me tell you the softest setting is the same as being on eibachs in my st.

so to summerise... the ride on eibachs may be harder but you have to expect it and no way is it as bad as your mate has made out. maybe he came from a titanium with street pack but the small 16"s and put eibachs on, in that case youd notice a bigger difference then coming from a zetec s as mentioned before the zetec is is already 'lowered'.

i don't know many people on the 35mm eibachs on here so not sure if they can advise. there's people on h&r and some on diff brands of coilovers also. take the advice of gaz though as the setup on the mk6 and mk7 is very similar...

ps Eibach are what ford use on their MS design cars, so can't be all bad..

To expand a little,

First impressions on the ride and comfort were a little bit bouncy and you could feel the road more. I loved this though :L

Once they have settled you will notice a bit more drop but the ride is also a bit smoother (Or im just used to it, but honestly, there is nothing that would put me off doing it to any other car) In truth though, get Coilovers because YOU WILL want it lower. I wish i had had and im now buying them next year :lol:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club