Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Bumper Removal Focus 2001 Estate

able

Hi can anybody advise on rear bumper removal on a Focus Estate 2001 as I’m trying to fit the reverse sensor kit.

I have removed the 2 x10mm nuts from inside the boot aperture ,

2 x screws holding wheel arch cover.

2 x 10mm end fixing nuts hiding under wheel arch cover.

4 screws from top of bumper

4 sort of clips under the bottom edge of bumper.

But I still can’t get it Off looked in Haynes manual no help there.

Has any body got any advise

Thanks

Thanks for the link.

Had a browse there picked up a couple of hints but no info about the Estate version had another look at mine removed rear Lights behind them looks as though there may be a couple of pop rivits ?? not sure if they are doing anything will investigate further.

Thanks

• 3 years later...

WAAH! :'(

I have bought some rear sensors for my Focus MK2.5 and, with the aid of the guide on this site, will install them next week. Easy-peezy. Ive seen the guide (http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/tutorials/article/154-guide-to-fitting-rear-parking-sensors-focus-mk25/), checked everything on my car, and all looks VERY straight forward.

But, because I was doing some for my car, and needed to pay for the postage for delivery to me, I also went and asked my neighbour if he wanted some too (because they are a good buy, hes a man (so likes gadgets), and has a Focus Estate). :oops:

Oops indeed!

I stupidly thought that the ease of installing the sensors on his car would be the same as mine. However, having already convinced him and ordered, I then just looked at the back of his car and the Focus ESTATE MK 1 bumper is VERY different to my 5dr MK2.5. :iim: And now Im afraid that it is not going to be so simple and he might refuse the sensors and I am left with an extra unwanted set.

So, my potential friends, could you give me any pointers and how to access the underside of the bumper please? Because as I look at it at the moment there is a foam 'padding' type affair there. (How do I get this out?). Also on my bumper the innerside of the bumper has a manufacturer 'stamp' where factory fitted sensors would go making the positioning easy. Does this MK1 bumper have the same (IF I can get that foam removed)?

I would look for any help you can give me chaps. (Google isnt my friend in this instance, as it seems no one cares about guides for Estate cars).

The mk1 is best to put them into the back of the bumper, unless you go for the bottom black trim. It might be beneficial to find the best placement by using blue tack to set the gaps and when your happy drill a hole where the Blue tack is

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club