Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ANDY.C

HELP !!!

4 posts in this topic

HELLO AGAIN ,WAS PUTTING SOME OIL IN MY MONDEO JUST TO TOP IT UP ,I HAD A MOMENTARY LAPSE OF CONCENTRATION ,AND PUT A FEW DROPS OF OIL INTO THE POWER STEERING FLUID ( TWIT ) I REALISED AS SOON AS IT WENT IN ,DOES NOT SEEM TO HAVE CAUSED A PROBLEM ,COULD SOMEONE ADVISE ME ON WHAT THE BEST COURSE OF ACTION WOULD BE ? OR WILL IT NOT CAUSE A PROBLEM ? ,I WOULD SAY AT LEAST 4 TABLESPOONS OF OIL WENT IN THERE ?

CANT BELIEVE I WAS SO STUPID .... THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR HELP GUYS

i have took some of the oil off the top of the resovoir with a syringe as oil will sit on the top ,would you advise me to bleed the system or will i get away with it.... thanks again

have googled it and many people say it may not be a problem but would prefer some advice from the forum ....Andy

Edited by Stoney871
swear words

i knew somebody who topped it up with water once and got away with it so i would not worry about a few spoonfulls of oil, just keep a look out for a stutter from your steering but you should be ok.

With that little amount of oil i cant see that there is gonna be a problem.

i knew somebody who topped it up with water once and got away with it so i would not worry about a few spoonfulls of oil, just keep a look out for a stutter from your steering but you should be ok.

THANKS FOR ADVICE , I HAVE TOOK ABOUT HALF LITRE OFF THE TOP OF THE POWER STEERING RESOVOIR AND REPLACED WITH FRESH FLUID , JUST AS A PRECAUTION .