1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Share Your Car Experience
      Share Your Car Experience
    • Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members

Sign in to follow this  
ANDY.C

HELP !!!

HELLO AGAIN ,WAS PUTTING SOME OIL IN MY MONDEO JUST TO TOP IT UP ,I HAD A MOMENTARY LAPSE OF CONCENTRATION ,AND PUT A FEW DROPS OF OIL INTO THE POWER STEERING FLUID ( TWIT ) I REALISED AS SOON AS IT WENT IN ,DOES NOT SEEM TO HAVE CAUSED A PROBLEM ,COULD SOMEONE ADVISE ME ON WHAT THE BEST COURSE OF ACTION WOULD BE ? OR WILL IT NOT CAUSE A PROBLEM ? ,I WOULD SAY AT LEAST 4 TABLESPOONS OF OIL WENT IN THERE ?

CANT BELIEVE I WAS SO STUPID .... THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR HELP GUYS

i have took some of the oil off the top of the resovoir with a syringe as oil will sit on the top ,would you advise me to bleed the system or will i get away with it.... thanks again

have googled it and many people say it may not be a problem but would prefer some advice from the forum ....Andy

Edited by Stoney871
swear words

i knew somebody who topped it up with water once and got away with it so i would not worry about a few spoonfulls of oil, just keep a look out for a stutter from your steering but you should be ok.

i knew somebody who topped it up with water once and got away with it so i would not worry about a few spoonfulls of oil, just keep a look out for a stutter from your steering but you should be ok.

THANKS FOR ADVICE , I HAVE TOOK ABOUT HALF LITRE OFF THE TOP OF THE POWER STEERING RESOVOIR AND REPLACED WITH FRESH FLUID , JUST AS A PRECAUTION .