Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Lx Clutch Pedal

nigel129

Hi, my first post so sorry if in wrong section.

Have had a 52 Fiesta Lx 1.3 for two months now, and throughout, ive been noticing that the clutch pedal seemed a bit "knotchy" when depressing. This seemed to go after several miles, and didnt appear at all once the weather warmed up. My mate said probably cold piston behind the pedal.

So ive more or less ignored it till the wife was driving down some steep hills and her foot just hit the floor when the clutch was pressed.

Almost rang AA but after she had coasted to a safe place, she automaticly went to change gear without thinking, and, low and behold, the clutch work as normal (even without any "knotchyness". So successfully drove some 8 miles without a problem BUT there must be something up.

Any ideas. Thanks

nigel

i am sure that the 52 reg has a plastic clutch quadrant behind the top of the clutch pedal, your car has the early signs that this is about to break, and not an easy job to replace.

i am sure that the 52 reg has a plastic clutch quadrant behind the top of the clutch pedal, your car has the early signs that this is about to break, and not an easy job to replace.

Thanks Min, didnt need that news before easter hols. Any idea where i might get what ever part i need "cheaply", or the name of the part so i can look it up.

nigel

It sounds like either the clutch master cylinder or maybe air in the system. I don't think hydraulic clutches have quadrants as the adjustment is done by the slave cylinder.

Bleeding the clutch is easy to do so maybe a good first thing to try.

Good luck.

D.

It sounds like either the clutch master cylinder or maybe air in the system. I don't think hydraulic clutches have quadrants as the adjustment is done by the slave cylinder.

Bleeding the clutch is easy to do so maybe a good first thing to try.

Good luck.

D.

Hi Dan, your probably right. Had a mate take a look at the car last night and he can find nothing wrong with it at all, even the crunch pedal seems to have gone. He thinks the clutch fluid may have boiled by a combination of quite a long steep hill climb followed by constant breaking down the other side. He seems to think Ford messed up by using the same fluid sourse for clutch and brakes.

He used the term vapour which suddenly caused the clutch pedal to hit the floor, and seeing as it returned to normal quite quickly confirms this.

Not a nice event for the wife as the hill she was coming down must be at least a 30 degree gradient (welsh valleys).

what do you think ?

nigel

• 2 weeks later...

i had the same car as yourself. have a look at the clutch pedal. at the top is a bit that comes of at right angle and has something connected to it. ford did fix the problem of this slipping of the end then catching back on. i found mine hadnt been done and was causing me some problems so i put a cable tie around the clutch pedal and the thing its attahed to this stoped the problem.

i think the ford fix was a clip for it but cable tie seems to work perfectly

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club