Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Zetec S Seats. - Lower Back Pain?

Chris424

If your back pain is that bad from it it might be worth investing in some cheap aftermarket recliners and be done with the zetec seats. If you're keeping the car for a few years it'll be a few hundred quid well spent and you cannot put a price on your health, especially your back once it's damaged it doesn't heal. Cobra ones aren't too bad or keep hunting the eBay etc for new STs that have been stacked and offer him over £500 and see how far you get. at least with them you'll get the frames and be easy to fit.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

Thanks for all this. It shall give it afew more weeks and see how I go.

Thank you so much for that. I bought a lumbar support thing but it did not work. Probably because my seats do have lumbar support. It is just not adjustable. I think your comments about physios etc are very interesting as I have found my back.is much worse after seeing them but have always thought that the pain is a means to an end. I will purchase the

book.

Did your back pain start before or after buying your car?

I damaged my back when i was 20, I am now 46. I am not saying all physio is bad, I've used them to treat tennis elbow which was 'fixed' very quickly. But after 20 odd years of having people ' cracking' my back into position i had enough and decided to try and fix it myself. The excersises in the book are great, if i do ever get pain, which is very rare now, the excersises sort me out in days.

Dont want to knock anyones advice on here but honestly you really dont need to swap your seats out. I've driven cheap fiats over the last few years, trust me their seats are terrble compared to the fiesta. Just use the built in lumbar support, if you have one, or if you dont or find it does not help get a 'D' support. You will find these supports are alot bigger than the built in lumbar support provided in the seats and may help you better. But please note that you have been sitting incorrectly for years and will need to re learn your posture when driving and sitting.

This can be uncomfortable and a pain in the backside to start with, but you will soon learn quickly to sit properly and your back pain will go away. Sorry to preach but I had years of back pain from not sitting correctly at home, work and in the car. I've been so bad in the past that i could not walk. Now i have no pain 95% of the time, so comments about not being able to fix a bad back are just rubbish.

Thanks.

Changing the seats or the car is the last thing I want to do. I found that after altering the seat yet again a couple of days ago my back has improved. Maybe I just have a bad back and it is now going or maybe it is the seats. It certainly feels much more comfortable to drive. Though sitting so upright is something I have never been used too.

I have taken to wandering around car parks and pouncing on all the Fiestas to see where the seat is positioned and most of them have the back of the seat quite upright I have noticed.

I shall order the book from amazon and thank you all for your comments and help.

My g/f laughs that it looks like I am sitting in the back seat and my back rest is very reclined but it feels normal to me. I am 5'10" and average build. I will take a photo later.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club