Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tail Gate Unlocks For No Reason - Safety Issue!!

Peterwhitby

Hi all.

This is I believe a serious safety issue.

Re FFocus Titanium estate 55 Reg.

Has anyone had problems with their tail gate opening/unlocking whilst the car is in motion?

Normally if you press the key fob twice the tail gate will unlock and be free to lift up, but this is exactly what is happening whilst the car is moving and the fob has not been touched. If a window is open and the vehicle is moving then the tail gate starts to raise up. Not pleasant.

Open the tail gate, say to put shopping in and it (the lock mechanism) is constantly clicking, as if to open.

Yet if you try to open the tail gate manually the micro switch does not always work and the only way to open is to press the fob twice.

There is I believe no way to manually lock the tail gate. With a dog in the back the last thing you want is the tail gate opening at 60 mph on a main road!!

This is a long shot but I have recently got a Blackberry phone could this be interfering with the cars electronics??

Any help suggestions would be appreciated.

Peter

Hi there,

I'm also having locking troble on my focus as well. To be honest these locking issues are very common in the ford focus ranges. It could be a number of things such as, Faulty Central locking/Alarm module, a fuse, either 63 or maybe another number depending on your vehical or faulty wiring to the book lock.

I'm currently going throw all the possible issues one by one when i get spare time, you mite have to do the same untill you figure it out.

Please do a forum search, this issue has been covered many a time. Fixes vary from wiring loom issues, to faulty catches to faulty switches. If you do a forum search on the Focus Club, you will see several instances of this, some quite lengthy discussions with a lot of useful information.

Hi there,

I'm also having locking troble on my focus as well. To be honest these locking issues are very common in the ford focus ranges. It could be a number of things such as, Faulty Central locking/Alarm module, a fuse, either 63 or maybe another number depending on your vehical or faulty wiring to the book lock.

I'm currently going throw all the possible issues one by one when i get spare time, you mite have to do the same untill you figure it out.

Cheers

Just popped up to the local Ford garage, they can look but can't promise anything at £48/hr I need more positive thoughts as it could take hours!!

Please do a forum search, this issue has been covered many a time. Fixes vary from wiring loom issues, to faulty catches to faulty switches. If you do a forum search on the Focus Club, you will see several instances of this, some quite lengthy discussions with a lot of useful information.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club