Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interior Dome Light With Led Ambient Lights

Chris Ecc

http://www.european-parts.net/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=966

I managed to get one of these for free, I've fitted it into my fez but the Ambient Lights don't work. Has anyone got any images of the back of one that the lights work on? I'm thinking they need wiring up somehow but not too sure!

Hi Chris

I got one and you need to give ut a live feed. I took my feed from a source on the back of the radio which lights up the controls when you switch the car lights on. Because they are LED they don't require a large current.

hi chris

you are in wrexham arn't you i am in buckley so if you want to call and have a look at mine in my titanium and see if it will help to get yours sorted

regards paul

I've wired it up as shown here

IMG_0311.JPG

but the lights are always on, even when the car is locked they stay on :S I'm gonna do a test later and see if they go off after a period of time!

I didn't realise you lived so close Pouly will have to keep a look out for ya!

Wrexham and Buckley.Small world boys.I in Connah,s Quay.

I can't actually seen the light clearly in the pic, but it seems you have run a switched live (Ignition) to the light. I cannot work out what the black wire is going across the light for ?

Firstly remove that wire.

If no joy, It is possible that you have got the switched live and the permanent live the wrong way round, or that the switched live is permanently live.

Try using a multimeter on the switched wire to see if it is switched (If that makes sense). If it doesn't go on and off with the ignition, then turn the light on with the switch on the light, and see if they go on and off with the ignition. If it does go out with the ignition then you need to swap the two lives wires over.

Try that and let me know how you get on ?

I have managed to work it out.

The 2 wires on the right are the earth, the one on the left is the live feed.

The black wire running across is the problem, and needs replacing with one from a ignition controlled source to the small connector on the right hand side.

At the moment it is using a permanent live, hence why it is staying on all the time.

Please remember that the lights are controlled by the negative, and not the live feed.

Have fun !!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club