Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Most Common Problems?

Tato

Both of mine came off - replaced under warranty and is a known fault (TSB admits the factory weren't using enough adhesive)

Thanks for that info, I'll pop it back to the dealership if it becomes annoying. No huge rush to get it sorted.

By the way, when I bought the car a couple of weeks ago the salesman assured me that it would have the remainder of the three years manufacturers warranty but one of the booklets that came with the car said that the standard Ford warranty is one year from registration and the additional two years were called "Ford Protect" (which I assume is a costed option?). Is there a way to find out how long the warranty is on the car or should I receive something from Ford shortly? The car came from a Ford dealership so I'm guessing all the paperwork takes a while?

Just thought of another very minor problem - I've got a three door and the front passenger seat doesn't slide back if someone needs to get in the back seat (seen this on other cars though, possibly intentional?)

And I get static electric shocks from the doors!

What about compared to the Mk5 Golf? not AC wise...

Well it was a 1.9TD.

1.Build-Golf

2.Speed-Fiesta

3.Looks-Fiesta

4.Price-Fiesta

5.Equipment-Fiesta

6.Comfort in car-Fiesta

7.Suspension-Golf

8.Refinement-Golf

9.Maintenance-Fiesta

10. FUN FIESTA

• Like 1

Well it was a 1.9TD.

1.Build-Golf

2.Speed-Fiesta

3.Looks-Fiesta

4.Price-Fiesta

5.Equipment-Fiesta

6.Comfort in car-Fiesta

7.Suspension-Golf

8.Refinement-Golf

9.Maintenance-Fiesta

10. FUN FIESTA

Well, based on this, Fiesta gets the crown :D

1.9TD has a better torque compared to the 1.6 petrol Fiesta.

Yes by far but not acceleration by a shadow of a doubt. turbo lag was a major pain. Top speed was also the same tbh

Yes by far but not acceleration by a shadow of a doubt. turbo lag was a major pain. Top speed was also the same tbh

Well, turbo engines also have their minuses.

Before buying the Fiesta I was looking into the Polo 1.2 TSI but I was a bit worried about the engine because if something breaks it costs a lot more to repair one turbo engine.

And I have to be honest, Fiesta really looks like a FUN car to drive :D

Hi,

I had a 2009 1.4Tdci and that had a leak on the pipe attached to the turbo outlet - little bits of oil were leaking. This was replaced twice and wasn't a problem since.

I hit a pot hole in Christmas which buckled the front offside wheel. This was repaired for £40 and drove better after the fix.

Prior to part exchanging it this month I had a problem where a fuel pipe behind the engine leaked and got progressivley worse. This resulted in diesel fumes coming through the vent and the engine smoking when stationary.

I must say though that on every occassion my local Ford garage have been great and repaired everything (minus the buckled wheel) on warranty. I part exchanged it last week and now have a 1.4Tdci Zetec in white. Already feels a lot better than the 2009 one so fingers crossed.

P

Hi,

I had a 2009 1.4Tdci and that had a leak on the pipe attached to the turbo outlet - little bits of oil were leaking. This was replaced twice and wasn't a problem since.

I hit a pot hole in Christmas which buckled the front offside wheel. This was repaired for £40 and drove better after the fix.

Prior to part exchanging it this month I had a problem where a fuel pipe behind the engine leaked and got progressivley worse. This resulted in diesel fumes coming through the vent and the engine smoking when stationary.

I must say though that on every occassion my local Ford garage have been great and repaired everything (minus the buckled wheel) on warranty. I part exchanged it last week and now have a 1.4Tdci Zetec in white. Already feels a lot better than the 2009 one so fingers crossed.

P

Welcome to FOC! :)

Hope the white one will do justice :D

• 5 years later...

.hi there,just joined the forum...still trying to work out how to post my question about my car.

I have a Ford focus zetec 1.6,drove it into my driveway yesterday after a 20 mile drive,switched it off but fan kept blowing,checked water level and bottle was empty,went this morning and filled bottle with water and checked underneath to see if I could see a drip,nothing showed so started engine and looked again water was pouring out on passenger side behind engine,bottle emptied again,its a petrol engine,,the tempreture gauge never went above normal,and oil looks ok on dipstick,,after the run yesterday when I first noticed it,on my profile it says car is 2016,,its 2007

Edited by Callum mccrimmon
car date on my profile was wrong

On 04/09/2016 at 1:06 PM, Callum mccrimmon said:

.hi there,just joined the forum...still trying to work out how to post my question about my car.

I have a Ford focus zetec 1.6,drove it into my driveway yesterday after a 20 mile drive,switched it off but fan kept blowing,checked water level and bottle was empty,went this morning and filled bottle with water and checked underneath to see if I could see a drip,nothing showed so started engine and looked again water was pouring out on passenger side behind engine,bottle emptied again,its a petrol engine,,the tempreture gauge never went above normal,and oil looks ok on dipstick,,after the run yesterday when I first noticed it,on my profile it says car is 2016,,its 2007

It's perfectly normal for the fan to keep running after you switch the engine off for a short while. Are you sure the water wasn't coming from the AC compressor? Condensation can often been seen dripping off this and is totally normal.

• Like 1

• 5 years later...

My fiesta doesn’t need a new roof. 

1 minute ago, isetta said:

My fiesta doesn’t need a new roof. 

I had a Mk3 Cortina with a vinyl roof

I had a triumph spitfire with no roof as someone stole the hardtop off it outside my house in 1985. 

• 4 months later...

Hi I have a ford fiesta 2008 and have locked keys in boot no spare key and locks are dead locked if I take battery off would that open door with rod as have tried with battery on and won't open thanks

• Sad 1

Are you in the AA they will unlock a car - soon as you gain entry get a 2nd key cut

9 hours ago, Tagger1972 said:

locks are dead locked if I take battery off would that open door with rod

No, the doors will remain locked no matter if the battery is on or not.

Any juvinile car thief will get it open for you in less than two minutes, just put a request out on social media 🤣

• Haha 1

• 5 months later...

Hi there

Have a 2018 fiesta zetec, was setting off in first and put into second. Car started juddering and spanner light came on the dashboard ( solid light not flashing). Any ideas please 

17 hours ago, shaun51 said:

Hi there

Have a 2018 fiesta zetec, was setting off in first and put into second. Car started juddering and spanner light came on the dashboard ( solid light not flashing). Any ideas please 

Have you checked that you still have 4 pistons, or are there 3 and a hole in your bonnet?

• Haha 1

i had a similar issue in my prev car, I was told the flywheel needed replacing, but surely not on a 2018 fiesta...?

2 hours ago, unofix said:

Caution: Spam Bot ??

Spam Bot.JPG

IP Address pans out okay so legit member by the look of it

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club