Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuel Cap question

Liongolfer

My New 08 Focus (style) is one of the ones with the capless fuel system, however the fuel flap doesn't seem to lock :blink:

In the handbook it says the flap should lock on the central locking, however I have tried this and it still doesn't lock, had a look inside and it seems that there is no lock on the flap anyway, should this be the case? Don't want to go and make an idiot of myself at the dealership only for them to tell me it shouldn't have one.

Cheers guys.

Just picked up my new Focus Titanium today!!! The new fuel flap is not designed to lock. The aperture inside is locked but not the flap itself (I've checked mine by trying to put my finger in to no avail). Further inside there is a very fine mesh that only allows the fuel to pass through (info from Ford technical helpline) I used to work for them so know a little about their vehicles. Hope this puts your mind at rest.

Just picked up my new Focus Titanium today!!! The new fuel flap is not designed to lock. The aperture inside is locked but not the flap itself (I've checked mine by trying to put my finger in to no avail). Further inside there is a very fine mesh that only allows the fuel to pass through (info from Ford technical helpline) I used to work for them so know a little about their vehicles. Hope this puts your mind at rest.

Thanks for that, was only going by what was said in the owners handbook and against my friends 06 ST2, then again both the handbook and my friends ST have fuel caps as well as the lock on the flap :unsure:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club