Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Tdci Water In Fuel Message

Focus tdci si

Hi guys, just bought me a 2006 focus tdci si. Occasionally on start up i receive a message where odometer reading is. The message says water in fuel & as soon as the car starts the message dissapears.

Is this anything to be concerned about?

Thanks

Bagley

Cape Town,South Africa

could be a small amount of water in the fuel filter housing. its better to get this checked out or empty fuel filter housing and replace filter. i have written a guide on the focus section of this forum...check it out. i can say you can pick up a fuel filter from unipart for less then £10 and then you need a can of diesel to refill the housing to brim. easy and cheap fix.

• 5 years later...

Hi Bagley, just wanted know what you done to get the water in fuel matter fixed? 

Thanks 

Jd

I am guessing the filter varies according to the diesel engine sizes as the engines vary quite a bit (it's not just a bigger/smaller cc of same design engine).

I had a 2007 fiesta 1.6tdci , this had a fairly square shape black plastic fuel filter. It had small plastic knob on the top which could be undone which let fuel flow out a small outlet pipe on the bottom of the filter. if there is any water in the filter it will be at the bottom so water should flow out before some fuel.  I never did this because of the horrendous problems that can occur with trying to bleed the air out of the fuel system on those cars.

In 150k miles the water in fuel light only came on once. It's not even shown / mentioned  in the handbook at all. The car would not start (it would not try to start, like it is programmed to disable the starter motor if the light is on to avoid damage). I left it an hour whilst worrying about what to do. After an hour I tried it again it seemed to be Ok and never did it again, and I had it for few years after that incident.

• 3 years later...

I have a Ford Focus 1.6 z6T1 engine 2007 it shows water in fuel message on cluster and engine systematic failure then it fails to start I have to leave it for a while to start and when the message shows up  the gauges in the speedometer all drops  and most the lights turn on how can I fix this any help

Thanks 

• 2 years later...

Hi to all in need help please 

My focus tdci 2.0 2008 is giving me trouble for the second time now I have re done the engin and new computer box, it started after 2 year then the same it just cuts and the yeah nobody can find the problem I'm so tired and I the money spent is horrible. 

It say water in fuel, engine system fault. Then it does not start just cranks al sensor on engine is new aswell please if some can help. And the traction control also came on this time

IMG-20221119-WA0011.jpeg

Remove the fuse box from the foot well, google on how to, pretty straight forward, you will have to unplug everything to remove it, you will probably find at least 2 of the multi plug ports have white or green corrosion, check the actual plugs and the box end.

You can do this without fully removing the fuse box but i find it easier to get it out to inspect

2 hours ago, Ecosport2019 said:

Obviously i assume you have done the fuel filter

It's dangerous to assume 🤣

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club