Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Oil and User's Guide (+ general advice?)

Dross

Hi there,

Am waiting to get my hands on a Fiesta - have been looking for one for a while now, and finally found a decent deal. I should be getting it in the new year, am quite excited!

I don't know much about taking care of cars (never owned one before, only driven them at my company's expense :P) and I want to take care of this one, so I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice - I'm specifically wanting (1) to know what type of oil I should get (is any okay? does it need to be a specific one?), (2) if there's a user guide available online anywhere (google search and a look at Ford's website didn't turn up anything) and (3) if there's a site I can go to/good book someone could recommend about how to take care of it when I get it - like I said, I don't know much about taking care of cars, but would like to learn as I would hate to see her fester at my hands!

It's a 1996 1.3L Ford Fiesta LX, by the way.

Thanks very much for any advice you can give!

Dross

Hi there,

Am waiting to get my hands on a Fiesta - have been looking for one for a while now, and finally found a decent deal. I should be getting it in the new year, am quite excited!

I don't know much about taking care of cars (never owned one before, only driven them at my company's expense :P) and I want to take care of this one, so I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice - I'm specifically wanting (1) to know what type of oil I should get (is any okay? does it need to be a specific one?), (2) if there's a user guide available online anywhere (google search and a look at Ford's website didn't turn up anything) and (3) if there's a site I can go to/good book someone could recommend about how to take care of it when I get it - like I said, I don't know much about taking care of cars, but would like to learn as I would hate to see her fester at my hands!

It's a 1996 1.3L Ford Fiesta LX, by the way.

Thanks very much for any advice you can give!

Dross

the easiest way is to ask the previous owner what oil they used ( if it's a private sale ) or if your buying from a garage, they should service it before you get it so why not ask what oil they used to service it with? Failing that, "if" it comes with an 'owners' book check the specs there as it will say.

or have a look here > which is the best oil for my car

ford recommends 5w/30 part synthetic.

do not use any higher as its thicker and it won't get to the important area's of the engine and will cause damage.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club