Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyres Shredded

jedders

hi .

anyone had trouble with their ka sport shredding tyres. i had firestones fitted. 3 months later they were ruined and dangerous.

had suspension and bushes checked and all was ok. tracking was ok . i spoke to a guy who works on fords and he reckons its cheap aftermarket lower bushes. if i fit genuine ford ones he is sure it will solve the problem. has anyone had a similar experience?

ford replacements are 96 quid each which is expensive if it makes no difference.

Not had a problem with ours. You havent been using it as a track car by any chance? :lol:

Not had a problem with ours. You havent been using it as a track car by any chance? :lol:

:lol: Should be on front page of Fast Ford Magazine next month

''World first Exclusive Ford KA Tyre Roaster ''B)

you wouldnt go round asda car park in it let alone the track!

aftermarket parts are fine. sounds like poor tyres i recon i think the tyres are the problem

what were the old tyres like , were they shreded like the ones you have on there now ?

had the car a few months all was fine.tyres had plenty o tread. then noticed the tyres had worn down to the canvas on the inside edges on both front tyres. no prob went down brittania tyres .fitter reckoned someone had put new lower anti roll bushes on but hadnt bothered to track the wheels. so new firestones were put on and laser alligned. 3 months later tyres had been ruined most wear on the outside edge of the tyre this time. i need to find out if its possible i have ka1.3 roll bars fitted!!!!!

had the car a few months all was fine.tyres had plenty o tread. then noticed the tyres had worn down to the canvas on the inside edges on both front tyres. no prob went down brittania tyres .fitter reckoned someone had put new lower anti roll bushes on but hadnt bothered to track the wheels. so new firestones were put on and laser alligned. 3 months later tyres had been ruined most wear on the outside edge of the tyre this time. i need to find out if its possible i have ka1.3 roll bars fitted!!!!!

ps i have not been racing in it . tis bad enuff on fuel drivin normally!!

• 2 months later...

Ka 1.3 anti roll bars should fit but id fit original replacements as the roll bars arent as thick

• 3 weeks later...

Had exactly the same problem 2 years ago, both front tyres were shredded. Replaced suspension top mounts, bottom arm bushes, and that sorted it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club