Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Forgive Me Father, For I Have Sinned...

DanGull

Right - Ford Owners' Club - it's coming up to the end of my Options period on my Mk7. I have loved this car, but have pretty much decided it's time for a change.

Speaking to the other half - we have agree that the next car we back should be something wildly impractical. We're a one car family as my wife can't/never will be able to drive - so all the eggs are going in one basket and also it'll be the last car we have before we have kids.

So, tomorrow - we have test drives booked in/plans to nose around...

Audi TT

VW Scirocco

BMW Z4

Mini Cooper S (+ Coupe)

Mazda MX-5 (folding hard top version)

Peugeot RCZ

Renaultsport Clio 200

Renaultsport Megane 250

Vauxhall Astra GTC

Vauxhall Corsa VXR

Budget is £30-40K.

We're both most excited about the coupes on this list - can anyone else think of anything similar we shouldn't overlook?

Yes - i am aware there are no Fords on this list. Having seen many new Foci on the road, I simply don't like its looks. I can't wait for the Mk7 ST either I don't think.

Right - Ford Owners' Club - it's coming up to the end of my Options period on my Mk7. I have loved this car, but have pretty much decided it's time for a change.

Speaking to the other half - we have agree that the next car we back should be something wildly impractical. We're a one car family as my wife can't/never will be able to drive - so all the eggs are going in one basket and also it'll be the last car we have before we have kids.

So, tomorrow - we have test drives booked in/plans to nose around...

Audi TT

VW Scirocco

BMW Z4

Mini Cooper S (+ Coupe)

Mazda MX-5 (folding hard top version)

Peugeot RCZ

Renaultsport Clio 200

Renaultsport Megane 250

Vauxhall Astra GTC

Vauxhall Corsa VXR

Budget is £30-40K.

We're both most excited about the coupes on this list - can anyone else think of anything similar we shouldn't overlook?

Yes - i am aware there are no Fords on this list. Having seen many new Foci on the road, I simply don't like its looks. I can't wait for the Mk7 ST either I don't think.

Vauxhall? (spit) - wash your mouth out and say 3 hail mary's, 2 our fathers and beat yourself with twigs. :o

I get a massive discount on Vauxhalls - that's the only reason they appear, honest.

Hail Mary, Hail Mary, Hail Mary...

You should be able to pick up a slightly used Porche Boxter if you dont mind a soft top or one of the numerous Mercedes Coupes.

I personnaly dont like the look of the Mini coupes. Prefer the standard hatches in the Cooper S.

Stef - I know it's a lot of money.

Should have said - must be a new car, I'm self employed and buy the car through my company.

Of what we've been in today - I am shocked to say that my favourite so far is the Peugeot...

My aunt has the 11 plate mini cooper s and it is a rapid little thing(well when my uncle's driving it), it's got quite a hard ride, but they also have the huge option rims with low profile run flats. For a 1.6 it over takes brilliantly, even not down shifting a gear(bit slower than if you down shift a gear but still) thanks to the little turbo and 184 HP. I'd love to have one but I need something slightly bigger as I have a load of tall lanky friends, and short of cash. On your budget can't you look in on the John Works 211 HP

From that list I would have to go for the RCZ or the Megane. The rest are too common!

You say you have to go new - is that for VAT reasons or because of the leasing arrangement you have? Could you go nearly new VAT qualifying and get the best of both worlds? Would give you an amazing choice on your budget!

RCZ is a bug car. You buy it and it spends more time in the garage than my Focus did...

30-40k! nice budget, im afraid to say that when the little feet come along, you will never see that some of money ever again... :P lol...

I would love to see that many pence left in my account, let alone pounds!

So Dan, which direction are you leaning at the moment?

It's hard to say :lol:

I like -

The Peugeot RCZ

Both the Renaults

The Audi at a push (unless I get an RS...)

The wife likes -

The Peugeot RCZ

The Audi

I hadn't considered the 370Z or the SLK - and they're both good suggestions so will look at both. I like the look of the 370Z a lot, and Jap build quality would suit me nicely. Also the idea of having a gearbox with 'auto blip' sounds awesome, because I try and heel and toe where possible but have size 12 feet :lol:

The SLK is a bit hairdresser - but so is the TT.

The Pug's engine is a peach and its low slung driving position and cosy, plush cabin makes it feel even swifter than it is. But - IT'S A PEUGEOT. That being said, it's cheap - so if I got that I could also get a more sensible daily driver and keep the RCZ as a toy on relatively low miles.

Jeebo - what evidence do you have that the RCZ is a buggy car? The owners club seems full of very happy owners, and on inspection the car seems very well screwed together.

Either VW or Megane 250 for me mate.

Hi Dan, I work with two people who own the car, one of each gender (not entirely relevant!) but they both said that they had nothing but trouble, for example, both have had issues getting the car to actually start, with imobiliser faults, both have had continuous problems with warning lights, and limp home mode.

From one extreme to the other, they both have a lot of cabin noise, and were told that the "rubber door seals where not covered by the warranty" as they werent fitted properly, and were disintegrating, so both had to pay for the seals to be replaced, cost them about £150 each...

personally I havent had any experience with it, but two different drivers, genders, driving styles, I just have to say my initial impressions of the car, werent all too positive.

One of them gave me a list of bulletins for callbacks that where on their car, came to over a page, and that was within 2 months of the car being released...

I dont know the true representation of it, but as an outsider looking into it, my opinion based on what I have seen / heard, would be to put another sporty motor above the RCZ on your wish list :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club