Darren T

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Name: Darren
  • Ford Model: Ka
  • Year: 2004

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:20 PM

I had to recover a crashed car on Saturday, The crash was caused by a road which became very greasy when it rained after a long dry spell . It pays to take extra care when driving on wet roads ( particularly after along dry spell ). The rain mixes with spilt diesel etc & turns bends / roundabouts into ice rinks.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 ijustwantafile

ijustwantafile

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Name: mike
  • Ford Model: focus titanium
  • Year: 2008

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:29 PM

Seeing as most people on the roads don't even drive slow when its snowing a bit of rain wont scare them off till they have an accident.

When it was snowing I had to take some country roads that aren't very popular so they were snowed over a bit. I slowed down for corners all sorts not pushing over 40 on the straights and could feel that I didn't have total control over my car on some bends so I slowed down even more. only to have some idiot race up behind me and over take me. was some little kid with his mate in an old rubbish bubble micra.

#3 Darren T

Darren T

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Name: Darren
  • Ford Model: Ka
  • Year: 2004

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:34 PM

Its those sort of people that cause a major accident & walk away without a scratch, And innocent party end up in hospital.

#4 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 17,704 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:06 PM

Not really given much consideration to the wet after dry, never would have thought differently to how i normally am in the rain!

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users