Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can You Put A Auto Focus Engine In A Manual Focus

moy24

Can you put a auto focus engine into a manul focus both engine are 2.0 with same code AODA what will i need to change to do it i no il have to put my clutch and flywheel from old engine on the new one but whats about other parts and ecu etc. Also if it did work will the car be fuel efficent as my old manul engine or will it be like the auto (hope that mkes sense). It just that i need a new engine for mines but i cant find any but did find same engine but from a auto focus.

The engines would be mechanically the same, built on the same production line even. Where the flywheel is attached thats where things mechanically start to change. If you attach your clutch and flywheel (new pressure/friction plate is a good idea) and hook it up to the manual cars electric's I would have thought that should be ok. I have worked on many Ford engines in my life and found them easy to work on and over engineered. I did tooling design work for Ford of Cologne in the 1980s they are well built and robust units. Good luck!

The engines would be mechanically the same, built on the same production line even. Where the flywheel is attached thats where things mechanically start to change. If you attach your clutch and flywheel (new pressure/friction plate is a good idea) and hook it up to the manual cars electric's I would have thought that should be ok. I have worked on many Ford engines in my life and found them easy to work on and over engineered. I did tooling design work for Ford of Cologne in the 1980s they are well built and robust units. Good luck!

thankyou for your advice im going to ask my ford garage tommorow and see if they got any advice too

and rip off merchants all at the same time...

You would need to replace a lot, clutch and ECU would need changing. remember if your taking a manual to an auto body or vice versa, it will need to be re-trained as well as given the new stick to deal with it!

and rip off merchants all at the same time...

You would need to replace a lot, clutch and ECU would need changing. remember if your taking a manual to an auto body or vice versa, it will need to be re-trained as well as given the new stick to deal with it!

i rang ford they said its a stright swap as engine size and code are same all i need to do is put the clutch on and fly wheel as its on a engine swap not gera box.

lol dare I ask what they quoted? they dont normally give out advice like that if they dont think they will get the money for it!

but you learn something new every day! glad to see it wont be painful for you!

lol dare I ask what they quoted? they dont normally give out advice like that if they dont think they will get the money for it!

but you learn something new every day! glad to see it wont be painful for you!

They gave free advice i was seperised but they did mention they can supply a brand spanking new engine with no miles on it for £4000 i said NO THANKS

Hi as i promised to keep you inform the auto engine fit stright into my manual car (just engine swap) all i had to change over was the clutch and fly wheel.It drives perfect and sound realy good as it a 2006 2.0 petrol focus but a st replica with custom R-Tec exhaust. Thank you all for your help

i need the stereo code but i dont have it or have the key to remove it to get the serial number its a sony generation1 cd layer

You may need to either visit your dealer to get the code, or you will hvae to buy a set of keys and remove the stereo yourself.

We no longer are able to provide Radio Codes on this forum, and as suchm you would need to review online services for radio codes.

You may need to either visit your dealer to get the code, or you will hvae to buy a set of keys and remove the stereo yourself.

We no longer are able to provide Radio Codes on this forum, and as suchm you would need to review online services for radio codes.

yea ford wants £20 for the code but i decided to put after market cd player on which i have at home from my old car and connect up my amp and bass box.Il upload some pic soon of my car its a st replica

Nice looking car :)

thanks mate u got any pic of ur car

• 3 weeks later...

Do you mind if I ask how much the new engine cost and it's mileage? Did you fit it yourself?

I've got an 06 Zetec but it's a 1.6 and sluggish. The upside is it's <35k as it's our second car.

http://www.radio-code.co.uk/

This is company i used 4 mine and only a fiver to

Appears they can't provide V codes either.

If you want M radio codes you can do it cheaper.

If you have access to a iPod/Phone/Pad, you can find an app that decodes unlimited M codes for 69p.

Much better than a fiver each time.

Do you mind if I ask how much the new engine cost and it's mileage? Did you fit it yourself?

I've got an 06 Zetec but it's a 1.6 and sluggish. The upside is it's <35k as it's our second car.

hi mate i payed £900 including delivery the engine was from a 2010 focus and miles is only 9k me and my mate put the engine in as he knows more about thing like that i just helped.i brought the engine of eBay with 3 months warrenty.Its in now and drives perfect engine looked brand new as it only done 9k.

Appears they can't provide V codes either.

If you want M radio codes you can do it cheaper.

If you have access to a iPod/Phone/Pad, you can find an app that decodes unlimited M codes for 69p.

Much better than a fiver each time.

i got the code now i uploaded this thing of internet so now i can get code for all stereo as long its M code as V is to new and cant get it

i got the code now i uploaded this thing of internet so now i can get code for all stereo as long its M code as V is to new and cant get it

There are people on eBay that will do V codes as I believe they need access to a Ford database but for M codes the app works a treat.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club