Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

billyboggins

replacing rocker box gasket

5 posts in this topic

how easy is it to replace the rocker box gasket on a mk1 1.8i zetec focus... looks pretty straightforward to me ...have been quoted £50 by garage for what seems like an easy job..any advice gratefully rec'd

how easy is it to replace the rocker box gasket on a mk1 1.8i zetec focus... looks pretty straightforward to me ...have been quoted £50 by garage for what seems like an easy job..any advice gratefully rec'd

Dead easy to change, but worth investing in a haynes manual if you dont already own one. Essetial for the DIY mechanic IMO.

Just be careful not to lose anything in the head whilst the cover is off, and dont overtighten the bolt on refit or you will squash the seal and render it useless.

is the gasket not part of the cover on the mk1? and therefor you have to buy a new rocker cover?

anyways, as said above its a very easy job to do, only a few bolts.

Its not hard but you do really need a torque wrench. Tighten the bolts too much, or not enough, or tighten them unevenly and it'll leak.

is the gasket not part of the cover on the mk1? and therefor you have to buy a new rocker cover?

anyways, as said above its a very easy job to do, only a few bolts.

what are the torque settings?anybody know? found out it's 9 newtons