Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Abs Quandry

Chris James

Hi Guys (and girls) I've got a 2002 '52' 1.8 LX with a baffling ABS issue. ABS light is on and they are not funcitoning (wheels lock up). When I put in the code reader to fault find the warning light goes out and no fault codes are found by the reader. Drive down the road 50 yds the light comes back on, try again the light goes out and no coeds found, any ideas? I'm stupmed by this.

MTIA

when you turn the ignition on does the airbag light fash as this can be read as a flash code,,also check the plugs under the drivers seat as these can become loose and create a dodgy connection especially if the seat is ofter slid back and forth for different drivers.

I had a similar problem on my fiesta, abs light was on all the time and when braked the rears especially locked up so abs was definetly NOT working.

Took car to Ford as it was only 2 yrs old and they found that the ABS pump module was faulty, cost me £800 to have job done. Could have bought a recon unit from eBay etc but would still have had to take to Ford to have the computers reset or whatever they tell us they do, with no guarantee that the recon unit was 100%. Cost of that route was approx £500, so I bit the bullit and payed full amount with peace of mind that there was a 12mth guarantee on ABS pump module and it would fix the problem.

are you using an ABS fault code reader? a standard engine fault code reader won't work.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club