Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Picked Up New Car, Have Some Questions.

Leona

Hi

Just joined the forum and my first post, sorry its a bit long winded, but I wanted to talk to other Fiesta owners about our new car, hope that's ok.

We just picked up our new Titanium ECOnect 1.6 TDCi last week.

Our previous car was a Citroen C3 1.4 SX HDi

I've got a few questions, I don't know how familiar this model is, as my dealer said its the only Econetic he's sold.

1, I know we've only had it a short time so still running in, but it seems a bit reluctant, over taking is hard work, the previous car, you put your foot down and the turbo kicked in and you flew passed, now she doesn't seem to have that 'umph' if you know what I mean, the power doesn't seem to be there, any ideas? I thought a 1.6 would have more power than a 1.4, I know its 'eco' tuned but still.

2, Is there a trick to getting the Cruse control to work? We press the 'ON' button at 70 but nothing happens, no lights and if you take foot of pedal she slows, its not engaging, what are we doing wrong?

3, Auto Start/Stop, now According to the Ford website our car should have it, its 'mentioned' in the brochure, but again we can't get it to work, talking to the dealer, he says, although its 'mentioned' in the manual it isn't actually on the spec sheet. So does it have it or not, I think Ford are very miss leading on this, I have emailed Ford for Clarification, awaiting a reply. (I think its for the up-coming model not ours, but I'd like to know one way or the other).

4, Not really a question just a statement and wondered if anyone else had this one, The Owners handbook pack. When I went to read it to find out how part of our car worked, I noticed it was for a totally different car, again took this to the dealer and they told me they've given me a Handbook for the Fusion! Poor attention to detail! So please don't tell me to read the manual because I'm still waiting for the correct one to be given to me :)

Thank you for your time.

Hi Leona

Welcome to the forum.

Not sure about your power loss, i've never drive a diesel or an ecotec.

Your cruise control, press on and plus once you are up to the requied speed. That should do it.

Also, if the salesman give you the wrong manual, just check he's give you a 1.6 and not a 1.1 ?.

Good luck with the new car.

Thank you for your reply Mike.

Well I do get the feeling they've put a 1.4 in instead of the 1.6, that's how it feels.

They've put the wrong manual in, who's to say they've not put the wrong engine in!

I do worry, I don't trust Salesmen.

The car came to us damaged, dent on boot, very poor, dealer did agree to fix it, but hasn't been the best of starts :( hoping things will improve from here.

Personally If I was offered a damaged car on collection I would have refused it.

Did they at least give you a written acceptance of liability for the dent?

We did refuse to take delivery of the car until the damage had been repaired.

The whole episode was bit 'iffy' though, all very hush hush and I couldn't get much detail out of them about what happened. But the repair has been noted and Ford certified.

Leona

Enter your reg in this link to check car spec.

http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do;jsessionid=E6322DD2073AD6A673A52EA1DEF165E6.fcvas505

Stop/Start should show up as something like this and you should have a button on your dash with an 'A' in a circle.

• Starter - Stop/Start System

Paul, that's fantastic, whoa, that's a lot of info, I like that.

Well I think that confirms what I suspected, I have the previous version (I think there is an Econetic II out now), my build date is the 02.03.12 and I think the new one came out 2 weeks later, now since I ordered my car in the middle of April, I would have thought I'd get the later one, I guess they wanted to get rid of old stock, should have smelt a rat when my choice of colours was limited to Silver, Grey or Black! (and I wanted the Pink one!). Its no biggy, one less thing to go wrong, I mean, worry about.

Just annoyed with myself as I spent months researching and I missed that very important detail, and trying to get sense out of a salesman who claimed to have no technical knowledge of the cars he sells, (ya that should have been another give away shouldn't it?), lives and learns.

I'm on a contract hire scheme, so will note this one up for when I come to replace it in 3 years.

I have the titanium econetic build date Jan 2012. It is a 1.6 diesel all econetics are 1.6 I think. There is no start stop on my one. As for over taking I have to drop a gear and give it plenty revs.

I have the titanium econetic build date Jan 2012. It is a 1.6 diesel all econetics are 1.6 I think. There is no start stop on my one. As for over taking I have to drop a gear and give it plenty revs.

Thank you for confirming that Thomas, We will try dropping down a gear next time, didn't thin of that, we didn't need to do that in the C3, she just went.

But the Fiesta probably has a specific gearbox for economy not performance.

I have drove the 1.4 model that you have and that went like **** of a stick buy my driving style is some what not eco over taking was nto a prob when i had the 1.4 model but i did have to drop a gear to keep the revs high, your gear box wont be the most revvy of boxes as u gone for the eco never ever EVER trust a sales men they will tell you any old rubbish to get you name on the .......... line!

Edited by iNath
Removed swearing

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club