Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cruise Into A Ditch

Drich290195

Lost the car at about 70 into a ditch got towed out but this is the damage is if worth claimIng of the insurance and paying the 250 excess or will it be less. If I add hire car to my policy now and claim tomorrow their gonna do me ain't they.lucky really as I went in sideways over the other side of the road glad I was On my own

37b99eef.jpg

Lucky there.

Is it just the sill?

Body shop job I'm afraid.

If it hasn't compromised structural integrity then it can most likely be pulled and filled.

You were lucky mate,

that plastic panel underneath just clips off and i reckon around £150 at the bodyshop and you will be back to normal or if you could get a set of Zetec S side skirts for £150 you could fit them over the dammage lol Win Win situation thumbup.gif

Focussidestripremoval2-1.jpg

So can it be got to from behind not worth paying the excess in your opinions

yes you could remove the panel yourself to save a bit of cash in the body shop then they just need to remove the rear wheel and put in some spot welds to pull it out then a bit of filler to smooth it off and paint it up.

i would recommend you also get the wheel alignment and tyre balance done on all 4 wheels too mate because they may be off too. but other than that its all good, not worth ringing the insurance over,

and if you dammage the strip removing it, ive got a set in the back garden

Cheers mate ill take it to body shop tomorrow if it's more than 250 I'll claim of insurance if not I'll pay or it done I think I will pop out easy I think. Gonna get everything checked went n prett hard it did feel skittish driving bach had a look under eh and the heat shield win budged, so u reckon nderneith will be ok.

Cheers mate ill take it to body shop tomorrow if it's more than 250 I'll claim of insurance if not I'll pay or it done I think I will pop out easy I think. Gonna get everything checked went n prett hard it did feel skittish driving bach had a look under eh and the heat shield win budged, so u reckon nderneith will be ok.

i cant say for sure without seeing it to be entirely honest with you mate,

but it cant be dammaged that much from looking at the side anyways, but id talk to the body shop and see what they say about it, the heat shield may be able to be straightened but you could also pick one up from the breakers for little money too its just a thin sheet of alluminium

No I mean the heat shield I in tact that and that was the first thing to die when I hit a badger

No I mean the heat shield I in tact that and that was the first thing to die when I hit a badger

ow rite mate sorry i read it wrong,

i split my front wheel arch flap when i hit a rabbit at 110kmh on a country road in march 2011 has a nice curve of plastic missing where his head burst through before his hole body was consumed by the rotating 205/55/R16

Feel !Removed! over it first accident bound to happen doing 36k a year

ow rite mate sorry i read it wrong,

i split my front wheel arch flap when i hat a rabbit at 110km on a country road in march 2011 has a nice curve of plastic missing where his head burst through before his hole body was consumed by the rotating 205/55/R16

Too much information Lenny, you'll put me off my lunch. :P

Mrs dad mate has a body shop 150 + vat thats good aint it Lenny

Mrs dad mate has a body shop 150 + vat thats good aint it Lenny

Sound good to me mate,

small price to pay to have it like it never happend B)

So how did you end up from travelling four wheels on tarmac to four wheels off road? what sort of speed did you come off at? your car has come off Very well indeed!

Before committing to anything though, as your Mrs' Dad's garage to review the structural integrity, it sounds stupid but that £150+ VAT could end up being a write off if the main chassis is buckled...

Road was very greesey the road kinked I brakes and the front locked and spun me. He is going to have a dig around underneath to check it over but from the size and depth of the dent I don't think anything is buckled its not pushed in far enough. Was only doing 70 the road is used by a lot of hgv. Im sure their may be a damaged track rod end or something knowing my luck but I went on !Removed! first to the ditch. I'll keep you all posted its in the body shop now just glad it was just me in the car.

a very lucky escape mate, on the plus side, you at least had some skid practice and experience, so if you ever need it again, you may well find yourself more "experienced" and "confident" in recovering.

Good luck thought, and take pride in that, if you hadnt reacted as you did, it could have been a lot worse!

You had a lucky escape.

My brother went into a ditch after someone had spilled pea-shingle all over a bend on a country road. One car drove past without stopping to help, the next driver called the police and reported that some 'joyriders had crashed'.

Yeah was lucky cheers lads

And the result after the body shop £180 lighter

8f245cc5.jpg

abec5b60.jpg

Bargain

Looks great, 180 quid after ending up in a ditch is a right result.

Yeah feeling really lucky mate think I got away with it this time

Maybe not next though

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club