Do Not Sell My Personal Information

95 Or 115 Ps???

rossclark

Hi

I have a company car which is a ford focus '12 plate edge econetic. when i enter the car registration on the dvla vehicle enquiry it says the co2 emissions are 109, which i have narrowed down to either 95 or 115 ps.

Please can someone tell me how i can find out which is the engine i have or where i can find it, the manual seems to be just universal for all fords and has no information specific to my vehicle? Its not easy to get information from the company!

Thanks

Ross

Can you get access to the logbook? Think it will probably be in there.

If not, there are some HPI check companies that probably give you this information, but obviously you have to pay for those...

Try here

According to that mine's is a 5-door saloon... but it's most definitely a hatchback!

Everything else seems correct though. It does say, however, to my surprise that the engine is mine is the same as that in a Zetec S?

Mine is a Focus Ghia 2006 1.6 Petrol (100PS)?

Yeah that's the problem with ford naming car models and engines the same. Basically the petrol duratec engines are called Zetec S, Zetec SE and Sigma I think. This does not relate to your car variant, all petrol focuses mk2 and mk2.5 will have a duratec Zetec S, SE or Signa engine no mater what the size. It is much easier with the new ecoboost name as they haven't actually called a varient the ecoboost yet. It only refers to the engine it's self.

I have a 1.6 Zetec S, but the engine is called Sigma Ti VCT

A bit complicated but hope you understand. That's Ford logic for you haha

Yeah that's the problem with ford naming car models and engines the same. Basically the petrol duratec engines are called Zetec S, Zetec SE and Sigma I think. This does not relate to your car variant, all petrol focuses mk2 and mk2.5 will have a duratec Zetec S, SE or Signa engine no mater what the size. It is much easier with the new ecoboost name as they haven't actually called a varient the ecoboost yet. It only refers to the engine it's self.

I have a 1.6 Zetec S, but the engine is called Sigma Ti VCT

A bit complicated but hope you understand. That's Ford logic for you haha

Just to complicate things further, there are more Ford engine names, the 1.8 petrol in my Focus Mk 2.5 is a Mazda designed engine used in the Mazda MX5 and Mazda 6, it is built by Ford under licence, they call it a Duratec HE engine; Not that it helps much in identifying the query from Ross. :unsure:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club