Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rubber Rubbing Noise

soulman123

Im getting this mouse at slow speed only moving the steering which sounds like 2 pieces if rubber rubbing. I used a q-drive one from Euro car parts.

Also worth mentioning is u have changed the drop link passenger side as it was knocking. The driver side was done when I got the car according to the garage.

It's slowly driving me insane hehe

Just wondering what fan cause such a noise ?

1.8 04 petrol focus

Im getting this mouse at slow speed only moving the steering which sounds like 2 pieces if rubber rubbing. I used a q-drive one from Euro car parts.

Also worth mentioning is u have changed the drop link passenger side as it was knocking. The driver side was done when I got the car according to the garage.

It's slowly driving me insane hehe

Just wondering what fan cause such a noise ?

1.8 04 petrol focus

Sorry can't help on the noise but the typos are great, a real challenge first thing in the morning. :D :D

lol sorry posted on my phone which keeps changing words for no reason, smart phone my bum!

lol sorry posted on my phone which keeps changing words for no reason, smart phone my bum!

I hate using the phone for typing, I have banana fingers, but thanks for brightening my morning up. :mellow:

I'm known as spud fingers lol .. perhaps we should start a odd fingered focus group hehe

still have not racked mine down however ford said that the water drain tube from the windscreen goes down into the engine bay and drips directly on the suspension they sprayed my suspension with white grease and all was fine but as they say it will dry out again they blame the weather which makes some sense ide get a can of spray white grease and spray up the suspension

heya art

The drop link cured the awful knocking thankfully, but the rubber on rubber noise is back. It's so random somedays it does it some it won't.

Interesting what ford said I will note the weather when it does it.

Maybe we could mod the system to channel the water some place it dies.t drip on the suspension.

Eventually this will drive me cuckoo lol

seems to be more in wet cold weather or after heavy rain for me as you say its not all the time.

ive had a look at the drain doesnt matter where you relocate it it seems to hit a suspension part though its only a rubber piece of hose so i was going to buy a piece longer so it goes past any suspension parts easy to spot its clipped to a brake pipe on the left hand side of the bulkhead

Come to think of it, it is.usually on wet damp mornings I get it but to be awkward it has on occasion happened on a bone dry day ..

I will have a poke around on the weekend and see if I have an epiphany although knowing me I will more than likely get a craving for a custard cream and a cuppa lol

ive poked around and found nothing obvious even ford have scratched there heads it only does it for a few turns of the wheel so by the time its on the ramps its gone

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club