Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tdci Fiesta's, 1.4 Or 1.6?

KGB

Hi everyone, i've just joined your forum though i've visited a number of times reading with interest your posts on the new Fiesta range.

Within the next few months i'm looking to get a small economical, reliable & safe car, mainly for use by my wife on her 45 mile a day 'A' road commute to and from work along with around town work with the kids.

The Fiesta is on the short list though we've not got round to test driving yet. We have had diesel cars for years now and like the extra torque they have so looking at Zetec or Titanium Tdci 5 doors.

I just wanted to ask for your thoughts on which engine size you recommend? How well does the 1.4 perform, is the 1.6 a lot thirstier? Any info/opinions would be great.

Thanks.

1.6 for sure, I see the 1.4 being more town-like. It's better in it's MPG than the 1.4 and a lot better for accelerating up-to speed. I fetch 56 with a very heavy right foot, and used to get 68 with a light foot (think she needs a good service seeing as where I took it seemed to do half the service).

1.6 for sure, I see the 1.4 being more town-like. It's better in it's MPG than the 1.4 and a lot better for accelerating up-to speed. I fetch 56 with a very heavy right foot, and used to get 68 with a light foot (think she needs a good service seeing as where I took it seemed to do half the service).

Sound's good to me, the 1.6's seem to be thinner on the ground but sound like its worth tracking them down. I noticed that the 1.6 changed power from 90 to 95, i guess the 95 is the better version but what changes did they make and roughly when did the change happen?

You won't notice the difference between 90 and 95 ps. Partly because of the fact it's such a minimal difference but also because they fitted a DPF which restricts exhaust flow and negates some (or potentially all) of the increase.

Ford didn't change the performance figures between the two.

Also 1.6 is more economical, that's why it is used in the econetic version. The 1.4 only exists because it is cheaper imo.

You just need to remember it is based on the build date not the date the car was registered.

Best bet is to check on Ford etis. My car was built March 24th 2010 but is the 90PS version.

Agreed on the 1.6. My driving is pretty erratic lol, and I am a woman and I still get 52.9 MPG. I do a lot of town driving but also have a lot of roads with no speed limit where I really put my foot down so I am mega happy with how far my fuel goes.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club