Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.6 (100Ps & 125Ps) Mpg On Averages Please?

mayo10uk

Hi seen two models a really nice 100ps red zetec with priv glass and 16inch wheels, but is a 100PS................ just wondering what the mpg is on normal uses........ Also is it worth getting the 125?

Found a silver model with no options? :-/

Anyway all feedback much appreciated on the quest?

I have a 110bhp 1.6 tdci I drive in Aberdeen and am averaging just under 40mpg but I am 20 years old and like racing everything at the lights so if I drove economicly I'm sure I could get into the fourties no bother

Currently have the 100bhp 1.6 petrol version 2009 and achieving about 31mpg for around town stop start short journeys. Only done 1 run and that came back at 38mpg doing 75-80mph

We've owned our 55 plate 1.6 (100) petrol for 2 weeks now.

We do short runs (10-15 miles) on A and B roads to and from work at rush hour times. I do 2 motorway runs a week of about 15 miles and the average is around 33MPG.

We went to Blackpool on Saturday, motorway pretty much all the way. We got 42 MPG on the way there and 40MPG on the way back, pretty good i think! :D

Hi i have a 2011 focus with 10K on the clock with the 1.6(125) engine and am getting 45+ on a run out the town with the cruise control on. but i do a lot of town driving with living in shetland.

Hi i have a 2011 focus with 10K on the clock with the 1.6(125) engine and am getting 45+ on a run out the town with the cruise control on. but i do a lot of town driving with living in shetland.

Is that a petrol or diesel?

My 1.6 (125) petrol is doing 40mpg and I do 350 miles a week. Mileage is mixed motorway and town including rush hour crawls.

the 125 is a ti vct engine and more economical with better torque lower in the rev range [100ps torque is around 5600rpm 125ps gives the same torque at 1200rpm] than the 100ps so you get around 5-8% better fuel economy from the 125ps

Thanks for your comments and advice.

I generally get 44mpg out of my 1.6Petrol fiesta now.

Decided to that perhaps what I need is a diesel fiesta to achieve 60mpg++

i manged to get 50 MPG out of my mums 55 reg 1.6 115 BHP focus saloon on the way down to heathrow to pick my mate up. cruise control set to 65, boaring i know but i was chuffed to bits when i saw 50 MPG on the average read out

My 100ps Sport averages 42mpg on a 215 mile motorway run at 80mph and 44mpg at 70mph.