Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fine Metal Fragments In Jerry Can After Filling Up????

shelley

i have an 05 focus and took it to a garage to have an injector refurbished as under pressure she would lose most power it was driving when i took it in now the garage tell me it needs a new fuel pump and fuel valve and for the whole tank to be flushed and have been quoted 1600 to fix excluding vat! and the car wont drive they say theres metal fragments in the NEW 25ltr jerry can i brought in may from Halfords any ideas peeps as i only brought car in feb! not sure if garage are having me on as im a single mum!

:lol:

I would take it for a second opinion ,was it running when you took it in? , if it was and now its not , tell the garage you want it back in the same condition you took it in.

Sounds like they may be trying to pull a fast one on you.

You filter would have stopped any fragments actually getting to the engine , they would have to be very large fragments to cause the damage they are saying it has.

If the parts are damaged as they have said then you can get second hand parts and a decent garage to do that for far less then they are trying to charge you.

£1600 for a tank flush and new pump and valve?

What are they using? Gold spanners and rare minerals?

They're definitely mugging you off, I'd say the job would cost less than a quarter of that including vat.

Did they give you the quote with a straight face or were they sniggering in the background?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club