Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can't Switch Fog Lamps On

StanH

I wanted to use my fog lamps for the first time yesterday but cannot.

I have this type of switch

post-36405-0-03098400-1353155029_thumb.j

and it appears that I should be able to depress it twice to be able to switch on but I cannot

I can depress once and pull two or three times but I can't find any position that will let me turn the switch to either of the lowest positions.

Any ideas please?

I think you actually pull it out not push in, half way out is front fogs and all the way out is rear fogs as well. That's how my old mk2.5 was. It doesn't actually turn to the position shown, it just goes on how far out the switches pulled.

That did it, thanks

In sidelight position, one pull puts on front fogs, second pull indicates that rear is on - mine is not on but must suspect bulb.

Wish the manual was more helpful

Next problem - there was no bulb so thought I was home and dry but single centre and side contact bulb same as reversing does not work, and the interior of the holder seems unduly complicated so I have no idea of the physical characteristics of the bulb I need.

Once again, any help appreciated

Looking on the Halfords website it definitely shows the rear fog and reversing light are the same, try putting the reversing light in to see if it works. The fact the bulb is missing may suggest there is a fault and someone took out to stop it blowing etc

Yes, I tried several similar bulbs with no success so you are probably right about a snag somewhere.

I just don't see what is going on in the holder - never seen anything like it so it's a problem to find how and where to check for voltage

Check the fuse.

The rear fog light has its own circuit.

The fuse position should be listed in a link at the end of my signature.

I must be blind - I can find 69 which is for all the fogs but nothing for the rear alone

I may be mistaken then.

I'm on my mobile so can't verify TBH.

It may be worth checking the bulb holder for corrosion or a damaged wire.

I will try to take a pic of the holder tomorrow - it is quite unusual to me.

Some pics of the rear fog bulb holder - I don't know what sort of bulb it needs, or how to test

post-36405-0-59028600-1353230425_thumb.jpost-36405-0-98756000-1353230448_thumb.jpost-36405-0-01654100-1353230476_thumb.jpost-36405-0-72920500-1353230499_thumb.j

theres your problem stan you need a new holder as that one is corroded to hell will never work and will be the cause of blown fuse if that has gone as well i will have a look in my array of spares as i,ve changed lights on other focus so possible got a spare holder you can have will get back to you if i can find one even throw a bulb in

stan looks like your in luck post a picture of the back of it looking at the front i have the part you need

Hi Steads, will this do?

I have scraped all the contacts but it looks to me as if I need a two contact single filament bulb - if such a one exists

post-36405-0-05193100-1353254091_thumb.j

Stan i,ve got the piece you need pm your address and i,ll pop it in the post

thats the correct bulb if it still dont work your welcome to this bulb holder i have here

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club