Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Fun Starts With Ford Dealer

Foci_st3

Well my new focus titanium x has condensation in the drivers headlamp, well it started like that and is now water droplets that have become bigger and now running to cause a pool in the bottom of the lamp.

image.jpg

image-1.jpg

It's taken about 4 weeks to get someone to actually do something about it after the car already went in for them to look at it then back a week later to take photos which seem to have vanished then 2 calls this week and an email then a visit to the dealer today and finally got a call back with a direct email to send photos, option back to take to take car in next Friday for a tech to look and discuss with ford over the phone for option on how to fix.

tell them you want replacement headlights and not a bodge job. that is bad for such a new car.

First thing is making sure i get a car to use if take it in Friday 7th as I'm going to silverstone for my birthday in the morning and possibly out for late lunch with the kids. Said I want it resolved by the time I pick it up, if that means having a new lamp in order I don't mind. Very much doubt they will split the lense off, I think they wanna see if the vents are working correctly but common sense says there not.

Car goes in Friday at 2pm until 4pm and the service manager says that will be enough time to speak with ford and set up the next step.

They should replace it , as the edge seal must be faulty allowing it to suck water through from the heat of the bulbs.

That's what I keep telling them but as usual they wanna check it first so they can decide, if they come back saying there's no problem or they adjusted something I will kick off.

That's what I keep telling them but as usual they wanna check it first so they can decide, if they come back saying there's no problem or they adjusted something I will kick off.

I don't blame you , the seal must be defective or cracked if its letting in water.

The moisture has got the the stage now where it's to heavy and now running down the inside lense and creating a pool a the bottom of the chrome bezel.

i know from past experience and having a friend at fords that they will likely take the headlight out and reseal it mate

Hi

My headlights are starting to do the same thing.

The condensation patch is getting larger and does not go away with the headlights on.

Jamie

Right well that wasnt hard was it mr ford dealer, they had it for an hour and have decided to order me a new headlamp just wish they had done that 5 weeks ago when they had it for an hour and all I ended up with was a baby peeing on me because it was only ment to be a 15 min check. Headlamp should arrive late next week so might have it in on Monday 17th and have oil changed at same time as I'm now nearly at 4k miles.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club