Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Ka Engine Swap

zakhancock

Need help / advice

Planning to swap engine from a 56 reg 1.3L Ford Ka into a 52 Reg Ford Ka. Both 5 speed.

One thing I notice when I lift bonnet is the head on 56 looks bigger but still an 8 valve. I think head looks bigger because plastic all around it.

Second thing I notice is spark plugs on 52 are at front of engine and 56 is on back.

Third is the manifold on 52 is at front and 56 is on back. I would imagine mounting the engine and driveshafts etc will be no problem its just the connections in the way of wiring up, will there be the same amount of sensors etc?

Fourth The fuel system on 52 is at back and 56 is at front.

The 52 has no clutch in it, or gearbox issues. Worst case I could just put gearbox and clutch from 56 into the 52 but I would prefer the engine to go from 56 into the 52 which I am sure you all wont blame me for. The 52 is more ticcy when running and the 56 runs so smoothly.

Much advice and tips muchly appriciated.

Kind Regards

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club